Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hopefully cliche-free AA discussion. White comments invited.  (Read 11879 times)

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hopefully cliche-free AA discussion. White comments invited.
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2005, 01:57:08 AM »
Aram, you're right.  She's been tossing up generalities about how unfair it all is, but has not offered any solutions.

As far as elections go, the time will come when a woman or a minority is elected president, and when they do, it will most likely not be a grand revolution.  The candidate will get elected because he or she will have conformed to accepted standards of presidential candidates.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2005, 02:00:32 AM »
If I say I did well on the LSAT, there will be some fresh comment about how my "argument" doesn't even hold true in my own case. If I did poorly, then I am just coming up with excuses. So why would I indulge you?

Well if you scored high then your argument would have more merit. Unfortunelty I seldomly see people, actually never, who had a similar view to yours and who scored high on the LSAT. People are egocentric. Everyone thinks they are the best and the most intelligent. So of course people who score low have to make an excuse for why that happened. Some blame themselves, some blame others. I respect the prior.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2005, 02:06:52 AM »
I'm merely presenting a defense for AA and a call to transform legal discourse.

Transfer it how? Into what? And no you have never told me about a "fair" process. I recall you posting an exert from the article that only stated the problem and the solution was put off.

The example of females you have given do not prove your point. The only advanced democracy is UK and Margaret Thatcher is a man in a skirt. That's why they referred to her as an "iron lady."

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2005, 02:07:11 AM »
then why the screen name?

What does "TTT" stand for?
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2005, 02:07:49 AM »
If you are in T14 why are you so defensive about your LSAT? It would only look better for your argument that someone with a high score is against the LSAT.

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2005, 02:08:45 AM »
haha

I typed in tee tee tee and it automatically came up "third tier toilet"  Nice.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2005, 02:14:14 AM »
I have a question. Do you think we should have more good looking lawyers so we can represent our society in a just and democratic way in the profession? By the way are you a cute Spanish chick or not?

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2005, 02:17:28 AM »
Obviously not irrelevant or you wouldn't hide it so much.

By the way, the majority of the people in this country are of European decent and heritage. They also speak English. What is your point? You could be Spanish and be a lawyer in this country but under one condition: you absolutely have to comprehend English language.

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2005, 02:20:40 AM »

I'm merely presenting a defense for AA and a call to transform legal discourse. Please see my previous reply to Aram regarding a "fair" application procedure.

In relation to the study between LSAT scores and first year grades, I'd like to know more details before I believe the study.  If it was all done at Penn, then you're talking about LSAT scores of 165-175.  So the person with a 172 did worse than one with a 170.  That's hardly a reason to discredit the LSAT.

Your quote about a fair application procedure only says that test scores should not be used because they do not aid in the mission of public colleges.  If students are to be admitted based on the mission, there is no mention of how this would be accomplished.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2005, 02:21:30 AM »
By the way having a conversation with every applicant is impractical. That's why we have standardized tests. Think of the situation where all depended on this conversation. Then, people like yourself would scream racism ones again if they get a white interviewer and don't get in. That is the whole idea behind the standardized test. It eliminates the human factor that so often can be discriminatory.