Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hopefully cliche-free AA discussion. White comments invited.  (Read 12218 times)

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
Re: Hopefully cliche-free AA discussion. White comments invited.
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 01:28:23 AM »
Je ne regrette rien.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 01:32:33 AM »
The goal of a law school, I think, is to graduate the best possible lawyers.

"Best" by what standards? By the standards that have ensured that every President and Vice President in the history of the country has been a white male, even though white males have never even accounted for 50% of the total population? That's a standard you want to uphold in the 21st century?

I agree that lawyers should be capable, but the standards we have today are not democratic and thus do not acheive justice.

Oh boy, here we go...

You got her started now...

I feel a big "honkey" being thrown around in a few minutes...

Brace yourself.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 01:34:16 AM »
The article is a collection of opinionated statements that give no factual evidence.

Do you really think that if the LSAT had no merit when determining the ability of someone to survive in law school it would be used by all the admissions committees??

Also, the article talks about public colleges. And I do not believe that the goals of public colleges and private ones are necesserily exactly the same.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 01:36:49 AM »
Population of white people in America is over than 50%. Its about 70%. And the reason why they have all been white males is because thats who people chose to entrust their votes too. This is a democracy right? Or do you think every election is bogous?

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 01:39:39 AM »
Well if you grant me that. What happens to the rest of your argument?

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2005, 01:44:34 AM »
If a Spanish male had to choose between a male candidate and a female candidate, on average, he would choose the male. Same is true for a male of any ethnic group. Unfortunately the majority of female voters also vote for male candidates most of the time. Sorry your 35% white male conspiracy idea has little merit.

Also if every person would vote for someone of their race and gender then the only people that have a chance at the "thrown" besides white males, are white females.

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2005, 01:45:34 AM »
So if we get rid of the LSAT, how will admissions work?  Will it focus on where you went to college or how well you did?  Will more weight be given to how well you can write about your "life experience"?  Maybe they could have several essay questions that all law school applicants must answer.  The fact is that law schools need a standard tool to gauge applicants, and this is what the LSAT aims to do.  Sure, rich people can go take a class and possibly do better, but it is possible to self-study also.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2005, 01:47:09 AM »
TTTChick what makes you think that your view is just and is for public good? It is maybe good for you personally, that doesn't mean it is good for the public.

You never told me what your LSAT score was. Or is it top secret?

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2005, 01:48:46 AM »
Ninja,
I was trying to get a sketch of "better system" from her before. I don't think she knows herself.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2005, 01:55:40 AM »
The tendency to vote for males of your own ethnicity is not proven. I'm actually fairly confident you just made that up. But, even if it were true, there is no reason that it couldn't change.

It is proven by the fact that only males win. Our system is democratic isn't it. Why did you parents bring you to this country if they didn't think so. Don't worry I think Hillary Clinton has a chance at the presidency. She is the only one who is deserving as of today though.