Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Moderator- please move these off-topic, affirmative action grasps for attention  (Read 2666 times)

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
I believe I came to this board to learn more about Law School Applications. I see there are a few posters who are posting under assumed names in order to anonymously start trite, overplayed affirmative action debates. Really, nothing will get settled with these debates because the Supreme Court has already ruled. So people are going to have to live with things for the meantime.

-Happy Martin Luther King Day 

NYBound05

I second that.

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
You know the other side is losing when they start complaining to the moderator, or when they want the debate to be cut off.

dr_draino

More like the "other side" is smart enough not to even bother joining in the argument...

You know the other side is losing when they start complaining to the moderator, or when they want the debate to be cut off.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I believe I came to this board to learn more about Law School Applications. I see there are a few posters who are posting under assumed names in order to anonymously start trite, overplayed affirmative action debates. Really, nothing will get settled with these debates because the Supreme Court has already ruled. So people are going to have to live with things for the meantime.

The only real reason for a post like this is that the poster is offended by the perspectives espoused in the thread in question. Or are we to believe that the few, easily ignorable bytes of text about AA are an immense burden on LSD and the proper functioning of cyberspace?

Moreover, the simplistic notion that, once the Supreme Court has ruled on an issue, all mankind should forever cease critical conversation about that issue, is beyond questionable.

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
if you do not want to discuss the topic than don't open the thread!
why in the world are you crying out to the moderators to please move away all thoughts on the topic.
don't act like a little child
(163+172)/3.5

russian_concussion

• Sr. Citizen
  • Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - agradon
    • View Profile
    • Get a Free IPod
why in the world are you crying out to the moderators to please move away all thoughts on the topic.

Amen.
161/3.53 (in CS, not that it matters)
Going to: Brooklyn 08/19

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile

Aww stop crying. Affirmative action will continue to exist. So you can continue to whine till you turn blue in the face. This post was only trying to make peace. After all, that is what Jesus would have done.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile

The only real reason for a post like this is that the poster is offended by the perspectives espoused in the thread in question. Or are we to believe that the few, easily ignorable bytes of text about AA are an immense burden on LSD and the proper functioning of cyberspace?

Moreover, the simplistic notion that, once the Supreme Court has ruled on an issue, all mankind should forever cease critical conversation about that issue, is beyond questionable.

I never said that we should end all discussion on affirmative action. I am just saying that it should be discussed in the appropriate place. The supreme court has indeed ruled and you are wasting your time. If you were justice Rehnquist or O'Connor, I would be more than happy to debate you. But in all reality, you are nobody that could change the status quo. The intelligence of your post is well represented by your picture.

maricutie

All of the AA posts that have been opened lately have already been said. Really. Do a search. There is very little chance that you (or anyone else, actually) can add anything new to the discussion. To anyone who's considering posting a new one: do a search, and post only if you have something new to say that we haven't already heard, discussed, argued or bickered over.

Peace ... :)