Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan Visit  (Read 1326 times)

NorthwoodV

• View Profile
Michigan Visit
« on: January 16, 2005, 01:38:33 PM »
I visited Michigan this week.

The education speaks for itself.
Ann Arbor is the ideal college town.
The law school is the most phsyically attractive bar none.
Michigan's sports are the best in the top 14.
The housing is tremendous, both family and the lawyers club.
The students I spoke with said the environment is relaxed.

I have outstanding apps at the 6 higher ranked schools but I am planning to attend UM.  Admittedly this is my first visit, but the school just felt perfect.

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Visit
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 02:47:38 PM »
LawNinja - Congrats on your decision! It wasn't too cold for you?  :)

BigTex

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 02:57:58 PM »
The housing is tremendous, both family and the lawyers club.

Thanks for your comments LawNinja. Could you elaborate a bit on the family housing you saw? thanks!

ronin3782

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matsuishir
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 04:33:22 PM »
Elaborate please on:

#1 how cold it was
#2 how good looking the student body, both law and college, were.
I will miss LA :-(

NorthwoodV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 05:39:48 PM »
I am from southern California so it was much colder than I am used to but I think I have patience for cold weather because I have never really experienced it.  The temperature was also in the 30's which isn't really that cold. 

I didn't get to tour the family housing but I drove through the complex and it was basically what I expected, small condo style residences.  There are TONS of units spanning a few square blocks housing visiting professors and grad/medical/law students, seems like a great place to live.  Also, the area is so collegial that basically everything around the university is housing and the bussing system is terrific.  I gathered floor plans from a few apartment complexes and all are very cheap, roughly 850 for a two bedroom.

I was there for roughly one full day and two partials and I noticed two attractive females the entire time.  Good thing I am married.

BigTex

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 06:26:52 PM »
I am married.

It sounds like you were looking into off-campus housing for your family (children?). How were the apartments you looked at? Overrun by rowdy undergrads? Anything suitable for a family? If so, mind giving the scoop on the apartment complex name?

Thanks. This is actually (for me) one of the most practically useful and informative posts in recent memory.

ronin3782

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matsuishir
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 08:58:43 PM »
I'm from so cal too. So i can go from 75 degrees and 90% hot girls to 30 degrees and 2 'attractive' girls? Dude, what the f*ck!  >:(

SC law is looking better and better.
I will miss LA :-(

ilsox7

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 01:03:13 AM »
I am married.

It sounds like you were looking into off-campus housing for your family (children?). How were the apartments you looked at? Overrun by rowdy undergrads? Anything suitable for a family? If so, mind giving the scoop on the apartment complex name?

Thanks. This is actually (for me) one of the most practically useful and informative posts in recent memory.

There are plenty of condos in the Ann Arbor area that are not overrun by undergrads.  It all depends on how far from campus you want to live.  I own a condo about 15 mins from campus...there is a lot of stuff out that way and you'd be able to find something nice.