Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do you ask a school about scholarships?  (Read 322 times)

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
How do you ask a school about scholarships?
« on: January 15, 2005, 10:17:41 PM »
I found out I got into U of Colorado about 2 or 3 weeks after applying.  How do I ask them about my chances for a scholarship?  Has anyone just called up a school and asked?
3.8/165

twarga

Re: How do you ask a school about scholarships?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 09:57:03 AM »
Look on their website under financial aid.  If there's nothing there, call the financial aid office.  They handle scholarships and can give you further info.

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 01:32:02 PM »
You may want to also look into what Colorado's financial aid priorities are. Some schools are all need, some are more merit, some are both. But I think (not positive) Colorado is a public school, so they may not be big on the scholarship side.

Read the financial aid section of their website thoroughally to see what you need to do (fafsa, need access, seperate application etc.). You may also get an idea from their website what your chances are.

Also, I'm thinking if you fill out all of the necessary applications, they're either going to offer you money or they're not. Sometimes you can contact them to reconsider the amount, but if they don't offer you anything at all, asking them isn't going to make them offer you something.
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

RobinHood

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 10:37:35 AM »
Oftentimes, I think they offer them, based on Merit--some have separate scholarship apps, like SMU and Vandy, ut othertimes the school just figures out how much they want you...
Ready or not...
Here I Come: Tulane (w/$$)/SMU (w/$$)/American/Georgetown
Still Hiding: GW/Vandy
Can't Find: UVA/UT
Go Home:AU/GMU