Law School Discussion

UIUC Open House

omegajjj

UIUC Open House
« on: January 15, 2005, 10:59:55 AM »
Is anyone going to one of UIUC's admitted student open houses? What's a good (cheap) place to stay in U-C?

Haz

• View Profile
Re: UIUC Open House
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 02:28:04 PM »
Is anyone going to one of UIUC's admitted student open houses? What's a good (cheap) place to stay in U-C?

Either a corn field or the hollow of a pile of cow sh!t.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 02:31:33 PM »

Extended Stay America has some fairly decent rates.

omegajjj

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 01:16:34 PM »
From reading other posts on the board, people don't seem to be too enamored with UIUC's campus? What specifically don't you like about the campus/school?

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 01:25:10 PM »
From reading other posts on the board, people don't seem to be too enamored with UIUC's campus? What specifically don't you like about the campus/school?

I didn't go there, however I'm from Chicago. UIUC is in a small college town. So I'm supposing that there isn't much to do there outside of college parties etc..

louieleftwing

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 09:51:48 PM »
I'm signed up for Feb. 11th.

I from Maryland, so I don't know anything about that place, but as far as the hotel thing is concerned, the school is booking a block of rooms on the weekends for the visitors and their guests. I guess you don't have to stay there if you don't want, but it's probably convienient.

I think when you actually sign-up, they'll send you the info.

omegajjj

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 10:00:38 PM »
Thanks for the hotel info. Are you going to fly directly to U-C or drive from Chicago?

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 10:09:31 PM »
Thanks for the hotel info. Are you going to fly directly to U-C or drive from Chicago?

I'm not going to be there lol (finished law school in May at GW).. just trying to help you out. If I was attending however, it would be better to drive, to alleviate getting on an extremely small plane.

omegajjj

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 10:21:10 PM »
I was responding to louie's post, but thanks for the plane info...

louieleftwing

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 11:12:58 AM »
I'm flying to Champaign from Indianapolis actually, with a stop in Chicago. I'm visiting Indiana-Bloomington before Illinois. (Bloomington, IN hasn't an airport.)

It would seem I should be driving between some of these places, but,  believe it or not, 3 one-way flights (BWI to Indy, with a stop in St. Louis; Indy to Champaign, with a stop in Chicago, and Champaign to BWI, with a stop in Chicago) was really cheap, all without the hastle of renting a car and driving long ways between.