Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UIUC Open House  (Read 1614 times)

omegajjj

UIUC Open House
« on: January 15, 2005, 12:59:55 PM »
Is anyone going to one of UIUC's admitted student open houses? What's a good (cheap) place to stay in U-C?

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UIUC Open House
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 04:28:04 PM »
Is anyone going to one of UIUC's admitted student open houses? What's a good (cheap) place to stay in U-C?

Either a corn field or the hollow of a pile of cow sh!t.
Hello Wisconsin!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 04:31:33 PM »

Extended Stay America has some fairly decent rates.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

omegajjj

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 03:16:34 PM »
From reading other posts on the board, people don't seem to be too enamored with UIUC's campus? What specifically don't you like about the campus/school?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 03:25:10 PM »
From reading other posts on the board, people don't seem to be too enamored with UIUC's campus? What specifically don't you like about the campus/school?

I didn't go there, however I'm from Chicago. UIUC is in a small college town. So I'm supposing that there isn't much to do there outside of college parties etc..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

louieleftwing

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 11:51:48 PM »
I'm signed up for Feb. 11th.

I from Maryland, so I don't know anything about that place, but as far as the hotel thing is concerned, the school is booking a block of rooms on the weekends for the visitors and their guests. I guess you don't have to stay there if you don't want, but it's probably convienient.

I think when you actually sign-up, they'll send you the info.

omegajjj

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 12:00:38 AM »
Thanks for the hotel info. Are you going to fly directly to U-C or drive from Chicago?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 12:09:31 AM »
Thanks for the hotel info. Are you going to fly directly to U-C or drive from Chicago?

I'm not going to be there lol (finished law school in May at GW).. just trying to help you out. If I was attending however, it would be better to drive, to alleviate getting on an extremely small plane.

omegajjj

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 12:21:10 AM »
I was responding to louie's post, but thanks for the plane info...

louieleftwing

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »
I'm flying to Champaign from Indianapolis actually, with a stop in Chicago. I'm visiting Indiana-Bloomington before Illinois. (Bloomington, IN hasn't an airport.)

It would seem I should be driving between some of these places, but,  believe it or not, 3 one-way flights (BWI to Indy, with a stop in St. Louis; Indy to Champaign, with a stop in Chicago, and Champaign to BWI, with a stop in Chicago) was really cheap, all without the hastle of renting a car and driving long ways between.