Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area  (Read 37355 times)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2006, 04:46:29 PM »
But you WANT the attention for being black, you call attention to yourselves in all white surroundings, black people are the ones perpetuating the whole problem.

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2006, 11:48:27 PM »
But you WANT the attention for being black, you call attention to yourselves in all white surroundings, black people are the ones perpetuating the whole problem.

lol

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2006, 07:52:48 PM »
Of course, perpetuating the problem.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2006, 09:10:31 PM »

While I personally wouldn't wave around a Confederate flag, it is far from treasonous.  It is functionally very similar to flying a state flag, although instead of representing one state, the Stars and Bars represents a group of states. 

I agree.

It is not about slavery, not about racism.  Anybody who claims otherwise is obfuscating the issue.

I disagree.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2006, 11:47:33 PM »
Personal foul.  Putting words in his mouth.  lacoste to shoot two.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2006, 11:57:22 PM »

While I personally wouldn't wave around a Confederate flag, it is far from treasonous.  It is functionally very similar to flying a state flag, although instead of representing one state, the Stars and Bars represents a group of states. 

I agree.

It is not about slavery, not about racism.  Anybody who claims otherwise is obfuscating the issue.

I disagree.

You can disagree all you want, but you're wrong on this one.  You probably think the Civil War was over slavery too, right?  No, the Civil War was about federalism.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Although all confederate statesmen cited states' rights as the reason for secession, without slavery the civil war never would've happened. 

-Kansas/Nebraska
-Dred Scott Decision
-John Brown
-Uncle Tom's Cabin
-Underground Railroad

The vast majority of the north-south tensions were a direct result of slavery.  Remember, however, that the Union didn't start the war to end slavery (and may not have had white popular support for doing so at the time).  The Emancipation Proclamation was at least as much of a military tactic as a humanitarian gesture.

What does this mean for the rebel flag?  People can wave it and say that it's not about slavery, and might consciously believe what they're saying.  The fact is, Confederate history is undeniably intertwined with slavery - the Confederacy cannot be separated from it socially, economically or politically.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 02, 2006, 12:10:42 AM »

I agree.

I disagree.

You can disagree all you want, but you're wrong on this one.  You probably think the Civil War was over slavery too, right?  No, the Civil War was about federalism.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't say that but I will now -- the Civil War was as much about slavery as it was federalism, if not more.  Probably more.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 02, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »
sad thing is that you really believe that... :-\

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2006, 10:46:50 PM »
No, the real sad thing is that it's true.

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2006, 11:03:58 PM »
So, did you apply to Liberty?  You'd probably love it there.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .