Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area  (Read 37200 times)

kdlaw

• View Profile
Re: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area
« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »
It makes perfect sense to me why you would want to live in an all white area, you would be safe from gangs.  I read earlier about a guy who goes to USC but is scared to go to the school at night, I wonder if all the white people scare him in that area of LA?  The only people who go to HBCU's are racist blacks.

kdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 22, 2006, 01:05:44 PM »
I think at the HBCU schools you would have alot of the race card being played but you are talking about reasonably intelligent people, not gangsters

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2006, 02:15:56 PM »
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2006, 02:58:57 PM »
I love that white boy!

Standing up at the NAACP meeting as the only white dude, that is pretty cool.  It is a tough situation, I have been in it many times (attending a lot of the Black Student Organization meetings on my capus).  I give a lot of credit to the other people at the meeting as well for embracing him.  The receiption I got at those functions was always really mixed, which is why I stopped going.
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

cyberrev

« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2006, 03:06:15 PM »
I think at the HBCU schools you would have alot of the race card being played but you are talking about reasonably intelligent people, not gangsters

i applied at 2 hbcu's, and if the offers are right, i'll happily go.  and i'm whiter than the pillsbury doughboy.

i'm just not as fat, though i have been known to giggle if you poke me in the tummy.  i've also been known to kill for that too, so take your chances.

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2006, 04:11:38 PM »
I love that white boy!

Standing up at the NAACP meeting as the only white dude, that is pretty cool.  It is a tough situation, I have been in it many times (attending a lot of the Black Student Organization meetings on my capus).  I give a lot of credit to the other people at the meeting as well for embracing him.  The receiption I got at those functions was always really mixed, which is why I stopped going.

There was probably a reason. Notice that the students at the meeting did not have a problem with him speaking his mind.  I will say it was nice to finally hear someone talk about the flying of the confederate flag being treasonous. 
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2006, 04:17:57 PM »
Let me know if you have a reason you can suggest (I would be very curious to find a legtimate reason for this, esp. when supporting the same cause).

I found that I usually got the most *&^% from people who didn't know me and assumed I was from a very privilaged background just because I was white.  I always found it funny because it was usually coming from people who didn't encounter even half the prejudice I did growing up and came from families with a lot more money and privelege.

BTW, LOVE the 'tar mivi. :)
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2006, 04:42:52 PM »
I went to a black meeting with one other white guy in LS (for the free pizza). It was really uncomfortable. I've been to the asian meetings several times and was [edited] comfortable. I have many asian & black friends, but I really wasn't expecting to be directly asked questions about the differences between whites & blacks. They wanted to know phrases that were unique to white culture. Neither of us could think of any but I suppose that was because we were on the spot when we'd planned to just observe.
I just couldn't believe that they'd ask us questions in front of ~30 blacks totally impromptu.

Anyway they are very much aware of racisim and I simply don't pay attention to it.

Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2006, 11:37:51 PM »
I went to a black meeting with one other white guy in LS (for the free pizza). It was really uncomfortable. I've been to the asian meetings several times and was very comfortable. I have many asian & black friends, but I really wasn't expecting to be directly asked questions about the differences between whites & blacks. They wanted to know phrases that were unique to white culture. Neither of us could think of any but I suppose that was because we were on the spot when we'd planned to just observe.
I just couldn't believe that they'd ask us questions in front of ~30 blacks totally impromptu.

Anyway they are very much aware of racisim and I simply don't pay attention to it.

Now you know how we feel in most classes.  Welcome to the club.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2006, 11:41:49 PM »
Well thank you; I am glad I experienced it even though it wasn't fun at the time. I just read my post and I should've said I was comfortable at the asian meeting.
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.