Law School Discussion

What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area

kdlaw

Re: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area
« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »
It makes perfect sense to me why you would want to live in an all white area, you would be safe from gangs.  I read earlier about a guy who goes to USC but is scared to go to the school at night, I wonder if all the white people scare him in that area of LA?  The only people who go to HBCU's are racist blacks.

kdlaw

« Reply #251 on: March 22, 2006, 11:05:44 AM »
I think at the HBCU schools you would have alot of the race card being played but you are talking about reasonably intelligent people, not gangsters

mivida2k

• Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2006, 12:15:56 PM »

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2006, 12:58:57 PM »
I love that white boy!

Standing up at the NAACP meeting as the only white dude, that is pretty cool.  It is a tough situation, I have been in it many times (attending a lot of the Black Student Organization meetings on my capus).  I give a lot of credit to the other people at the meeting as well for embracing him.  The receiption I got at those functions was always really mixed, which is why I stopped going.

cyberrev

« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2006, 01:06:15 PM »
I think at the HBCU schools you would have alot of the race card being played but you are talking about reasonably intelligent people, not gangsters

i applied at 2 hbcu's, and if the offers are right, i'll happily go.  and i'm whiter than the pillsbury doughboy.

i'm just not as fat, though i have been known to giggle if you poke me in the tummy.  i've also been known to kill for that too, so take your chances.

mivida2k

• Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »
I love that white boy!

Standing up at the NAACP meeting as the only white dude, that is pretty cool.  It is a tough situation, I have been in it many times (attending a lot of the Black Student Organization meetings on my capus).  I give a lot of credit to the other people at the meeting as well for embracing him.  The receiption I got at those functions was always really mixed, which is why I stopped going.

There was probably a reason. Notice that the students at the meeting did not have a problem with him speaking his mind.  I will say it was nice to finally hear someone talk about the flying of the confederate flag being treasonous. 

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »
Let me know if you have a reason you can suggest (I would be very curious to find a legtimate reason for this, esp. when supporting the same cause).

I found that I usually got the most *&^% from people who didn't know me and assumed I was from a very privilaged background just because I was white.  I always found it funny because it was usually coming from people who didn't encounter even half the prejudice I did growing up and came from families with a lot more money and privelege.

BTW, LOVE the 'tar mivi. :)

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2006, 02:42:52 PM »
I went to a black meeting with one other white guy in LS (for the free pizza). It was really uncomfortable. I've been to the asian meetings several times and was [edited] comfortable. I have many asian & black friends, but I really wasn't expecting to be directly asked questions about the differences between whites & blacks. They wanted to know phrases that were unique to white culture. Neither of us could think of any but I suppose that was because we were on the spot when we'd planned to just observe.
I just couldn't believe that they'd ask us questions in front of ~30 blacks totally impromptu.

Anyway they are very much aware of racisim and I simply don't pay attention to it.

« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2006, 09:37:51 PM »
I went to a black meeting with one other white guy in LS (for the free pizza). It was really uncomfortable. I've been to the asian meetings several times and was very comfortable. I have many asian & black friends, but I really wasn't expecting to be directly asked questions about the differences between whites & blacks. They wanted to know phrases that were unique to white culture. Neither of us could think of any but I suppose that was because we were on the spot when we'd planned to just observe.
I just couldn't believe that they'd ask us questions in front of ~30 blacks totally impromptu.

Anyway they are very much aware of racisim and I simply don't pay attention to it.

Now you know how we feel in most classes.  Welcome to the club.

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2006, 09:41:49 PM »
Well thank you; I am glad I experienced it even though it wasn't fun at the time. I just read my post and I should've said I was comfortable at the asian meeting.