Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area  (Read 36702 times)

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
Re: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2005, 11:52:28 PM »
I've also taken logic classes in math and i felt like they taught it just as well as Phil, although i do prefer the phil logic classes better, of course.

"Logical thinking" does not exactly equal "logic."  jsia

When did I eve say that it does? I happen to enjoy logic very much.

Also, your pic is disturbing, you should really get rid of that, disgusting thing that it is.

Ironically, your post responded to someone who said that "logical thinking is best taught in philosophy departments."  This indicates that you misunderstood the poster, and extrapolated the wrong conclusion from the premises you were given. 

So you did tacitly equate the two.  I don't even know if you understand that now.

And my pic stays.  Don't be so easily offended.

Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2005, 11:58:14 PM »
Logical thinking IS best taught in phil departments, and then I went on to say that I loved the logic classes that I took at mine. Logic is a foundation to logical thinking, wouldn't you agree?

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: December 16, 2005, 12:06:15 AM »
Not as a language.  It's the other way around.  Logic is a part of logical thinking.

What did your logic classes in math have to do with the logical thinking taught in philosophy departments?  My post simply pointed out that a class in "logic" in math is not the same as learning "logical thinking" (although it may be a part of it) in philosophy departments. 

Your post indicated that logic (as a language) was either the same as, or the fundamental aspect to, logical thinking.  And it's not.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 16, 2005, 10:26:56 AM »
 ::) do you know your brain from your arse Vinny?? obviously if those wretched schools are closed down then there has to be a forced solution... so you think those schools should remain open i take it ?

the logical thing to do would be to close those schools down temporarily...bus those impoverished students into better schools and reopen the poor schools with better resources...if the school system stays as it is some people will NEVER have a chance...

but u know what's cute though? when someone comes at you with hardcore facts you no longer have anything to say regarding the initial point that you were attempting to make..come on Notre Dame..do better

it isn't an issue..it's simply ludicrous to believe that it is when the majority of all college universities are predominantly  white as it is...

lets not forget that HBCUs were created because white universities did not allow blacks to attend their colleges... nor did they believe that women should go to law school so the first 4 women to ever obtain their JD degrees (were white) obtained them from Howard University School of Law...

just because desegregation happened doesn't mean that HBCUs should be closed...what's even funnier to me about this is that people don't seem to complain about the majority black elementary, middle and high schools... i don't see any of you guys saying anything about those schools needing to close down so that impoverished minority children can have better education..

Speaks volumes to what? The fact that this is an issue people want to talk about?

Because there is no point in making that argument, where would those kids go t oschool if theirs closed down, no where.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 16, 2005, 11:09:55 AM »
Dear God,

I know that I will be forced to be around ignorant individuals in law school.  This is just a fact of life.  But, please Lord, do NOT let Vinny attend any law school that I go to.  She is annoying and ridiculous.  The End.

Sincerely,

All the People Vinny Annoys
Damn...it's the third year already!!

sls

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 16, 2005, 11:14:31 AM »
come to my school (suffolk). it's like 95% white (just a guess -- i could be wrong).

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2005, 07:31:39 PM »
::) do you know your brain from your arse Vinny?? obviously if those wretched schools are closed down then there has to be a forced solution... so you think those schools should remain open i take it ?

the logical thing to do would be to close those schools down temporarily...bus those impoverished students into better schools and reopen the poor schools with better resources...if the school system stays as it is some people will NEVER have a chance...

but u know what's cute though? when someone comes at you with hardcore facts you no longer have anything to say regarding the initial point that you were attempting to make..come on Notre Dame..do better

it isn't an issue..it's simply ludicrous to believe that it is when the majority of all college universities are predominantly  white as it is...

lets not forget that HBCUs were created because white universities did not allow blacks to attend their colleges... nor did they believe that women should go to law school so the first 4 women to ever obtain their JD degrees (were white) obtained them from Howard University School of Law...

just because desegregation happened doesn't mean that HBCUs should be closed...what's even funnier to me about this is that people don't seem to complain about the majority black elementary, middle and high schools... i don't see any of you guys saying anything about those schools needing to close down so that impoverished minority children can have better education..

Speaks volumes to what? The fact that this is an issue people want to talk about?

Because there is no point in making that argument, where would those kids go t oschool if theirs closed down, no where.

So your solution would be to send the kids to a school that might be on the verge of being run down and help overpopulate it? That would make no sense at all. The problem starts and should end wih the community, no need to shift problems elsewhere.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2005, 08:10:39 PM »
sweetheart where did i say that ??? reading is fundamental....

i said send the kids to better schools (who said those schools were on the verge of closing?)...close down the crappy ones and reopen them with better resources...

and how does a problem "start and end with a community" when there's a public school system that funds the entire city? and which "community" are we speaking of Vinny... how are poor and impoverished going to have a better life with no resources without help?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Scythian

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2005, 06:22:20 AM »
I've always lived in diverse areas, and my campus in undergrad was very diverse.  I think I'd like a mostly white law school, and live in a part of the country that is very white.  I'm just more comfortable in that environment.  People of other backgrounds seek this out as well, so I don't apologize for wanting this.

I'm leaning towards (in no particular order):

1.  University of Kentucky.
2.  Quinnipiac (CT).
3.  University of Idaho.
4.  University of Maine.
5.  University of Montana.

what is it about non-whites that bothers you?

vitaminwater

« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2006, 12:53:19 AM »
I've always lived in diverse areas, and my campus in undergrad was very diverse.  I think I'd like a mostly white law school, and live in a part of the country that is very white.  I'm just more comfortable in that environment.  People of other backgrounds seek this out as well, so I don't apologize for wanting this.

I'm leaning towards (in no particular order):

1.  University of Kentucky.
2.  Quinnipiac (CT).
3.  University of Idaho.
4.  University of Maine.
5.  University of Montana.

i'm scared for you buddy.