Law School Discussion

What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area

Re: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2005, 10:05:46 AM »
 :D

« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2005, 10:11:50 AM »
But maybe you're ignoring the fact that the REASONING for wanting predominantly white universities, the reasoning that has been presented in this thread, has rarely if ever been "because I feel more comfortable with people of my skin color".

Where? I read the entire thread and all posts pointed to comfort factor. Just because someone is uncomfortable around people of other races doesn't mean they are racist.

Oversimplify anything and you'll be wondering why people are more complex than you.

Actually, People aren't that complex.

Yes, they referred to comfort factor - again a simplification.  WHY was there an increased comfor factor?

There's a reason why I said "over" simplification.  Which means too much, regardless of whether the intended quantity is large or small.

Stop deluding yourself into thinking you've found some plain as day contradiction like most anti-AA types like to do every other sentence.

I am not deluding myself. It is a plain as day contradiction. How dare you assume I am Anti-AA. You're confusing teh need for affirmative action with human comfort levels. There is no correlation child.

I will state that oftentimes racism has to do with comfort level, yet that doesn't negate my first arguement if you are able to comprehend the reasoning.

I'd say more but I'm concerned it would only confuse you even more. :(
Vinny, if Teila is saying something other than what I've represented the posts said, I indeed DO hope that Teila corrects me - not you.

I didn't assume jack about whether or not you are anti-AA.  I made a comparison between you and anti-AAers. 

I'd say racism has to do with "comfort level" too.  I'd say that there's a line between normal comfort issues and racism.  But I'd also say that that line is not where you think it is.  The fact that I differ with you there isn't ammunition for you to condescend to me.

angelus

« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2005, 10:14:22 AM »
*yawn*

But maybe you're ignoring the fact that the REASONING for wanting predominantly white universities, the reasoning that has been presented in this thread, has rarely if ever been "because I feel more comfortable with people of my skin color".

Where? I read the entire thread and all posts pointed to comfort factor. Just because someone is uncomfortable around people of other races doesn't mean they are racist.

Oversimplify anything and you'll be wondering why people are more complex than you.

Actually, People aren't that complex.

Yes, they referred to comfort factor - again a simplification.  WHY was there an increased comfor factor?

There's a reason why I said "over" simplification.  Which means too much, regardless of whether the intended quantity is large or small.

Stop deluding yourself into thinking you've found some plain as day contradiction like most anti-AA types like to do every other sentence.

I am not deluding myself. It is a plain as day contradiction. How dare you assume I am Anti-AA. You're confusing teh need for affirmative action with human comfort levels. There is no correlation child.

I will state that oftentimes racism has to do with comfort level, yet that doesn't negate my first arguement if you are able to comprehend the reasoning.

I'd say more but I'm concerned it would only confuse you even more. :(
Vinny, if Teila is saying something other than what I've represented the posts said, I indeed DO hope that Teila corrects me - not you.

I didn't assume jack about whether or not you are anti-AA.  I made a comparison between you and anti-AAers. 

I'd say racism has to do with "comfort level" too.  I'd say that there's a line between normal comfort issues and racism.  But I'd also say that that line is not where you think it is.  The fact that I differ with you there isn't ammunition for you to condescend to me.

« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2005, 10:24:41 AM »
A response infinitely more intelligent than I could ever have to offer.  Would you like to follow that amazing retort with an oral presentation dissertation on human psychology, Professor?

ImVinny!

• What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2005, 10:30:46 AM »
So you think it is all right for black people to want to only go to school with other black people, but if white people want to do the same then they are being racist?

You are a hippocrite

« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2005, 10:35:04 AM »
Did you just see the last few posts, dumbass?  Mithras basically said the exact same thing.  Why don't you get a headstart and see what I have to say to that idea before you make redundant posts and throw out words you can't spell.

angelus

« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2005, 10:39:52 AM »
Did you just see the last few posts, dumbass?  Mithras basically said the exact same thing.  Why don't you get a headstart and see what I have to say to that idea before you make redundant posts and throw out words you can't spell.

No I did not. Please work on your reading comprehension skills if you sincerely wish to become a lawyer. :-*

« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2005, 10:42:27 AM »
You in an earlier post: Some minorities feel more comfortable with their own type.
Some whites feel more comfortable with their own type.

Why is it ok for minorities to feel this way but wrong for whites???

Vinny: So you think it is all right for black people to want to only go to school with other black people, but if white people want to do the same then they are being racist?

You're right, they're nothing alike at all.  If you got into Law School the LSAT must be easy as hell.

angelus

« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2005, 10:44:14 AM »
You're not paying attention, I'm wasting my time but I will LET you have teh last word. ;D

You in an earlier post: Some minorities feel more comfortable with their own type.
Some whites feel more comfortable with their own type.

Why is it ok for minorities to feel this way but wrong for whites???

Vinny: So you think it is all right for black people to want to only go to school with other black people, but if white people want to do the same then they are being racist?

You're right, they're nothing alike at all.  If you got into Law School the LSAT must be easy as hell.

ImVinny!

• What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2005, 10:45:13 AM »

Are you going to answer the question or not? It is far easier for you to through insults apparently, and who cares if I spell something correctly or not on an online message board?