Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area  (Read 38719 times)

VinnyMyCousin

• Sr. Citizen
  • Say you'll do the job.
    • View Profile
Re: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2005, 12:09:47 AM »
you and your play on words... and to think one of these posters assumed that I was racist based on my screenname.. as if my name couldn't be Reign and I'm proud to be blk? LOL.. think outside the box

I don't think people should be any more "proud" to be black than to be "white". Race is meaningless, and as someone on an earlier thread pointed out, totally without scientific basis.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2005, 12:16:54 AM »
Mobell it's funny isn't it? I stated early on in this thread that this was about AA and URM "taking their spots"...

It is kind of funny how some people consider AA to be some sort of grave injustice perpetrated against the white race. Especially given all the fields in which minorities are over represented. I mean there are so many minority senators, presidents, and CEO's Damn if Blackie isn't keeping us down.

"Blackie" ? ???

Hey BR, let it go. He is obviously agreeing with you.

I'm not taking a position on anything in this thread except to say that you have some obviously deep-rooted issues that you should sort out. Throughout this entire thread you have been attacking white people, "white culture" and white posters. What's your deal? If a white person insisted on attacking black people/culture/etc, you would be the first to scream racism.

Racism is a two-way street and you don't have a pass to be bigoted or ignorant just because you happened to be born black.

I fully expect you to respond with some drivel, such as "LOL, now I'm racist!?" or something insulting to white people.

My point is simply that white people are not the ONLY racists on LSD or elsewhere.

HTH.

Cooley I know he agreed, and a lot of people have made some very valid points in this thread, notwithstanding their cultural background.  However the "blackie" word was offensive. Whether (s)he was giving an example or not, the term i condescending.I haven't attacked a single white person in this thread. I simply asked what white culture consisted of. If that question is offensive then maybe you have some deep rooted issues that you need to deal with. My "LOL now I'm a racist" comment was a direct derivative  of szyzgy calling me racist. Which was totally unfounded.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2005, 12:25:16 AM »
indeed it is.. you know what's so funny though? Some fool related "black culture" to Lil Kim?

I don't necessarily agree with the Lil Kim example but I'm curious to know who you think exemplifies "black culture".

See that's the issue. I've never said anything about anyone exemplifying "black culture". Nor have I argued its existence. Now if you're asking me about a specific American of color who speaks volumes of what Americans can do then...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

VinnyMyCousin

• Sr. Citizen
  • Say you'll do the job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2005, 12:28:38 AM »
See that's the issue. I've never said anything about anyone exemplifying "black culture". Nor have I argued its existence. Now if you're asking me about a specific American of color who speaks volumes of what Americans can do then...

Then truthfully, do you believe such a thing as "black culture" exists?

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2005, 12:36:13 AM »
I know this was awhile ago but someone asked why do Chinatowns etc exist?  Well at the beginning invariably these were the only areas of town that recent immigrants could afford to live in and with residential segregation even when immigrants were able to build up the capital to move, often they were discriminated against.  Consequently, most people just started to build up the areas of the city, investing heavily in creating local buisnesses etc to serve the needs of the community often being taken advantage of by the nonChinese who often played on their limited English proficiency.  Even as the children of these immigrants were able to move away with each cycle of immigration it just became easier to filter in through Chinatowns as the area served as a resource network for recent immigrants to be assimilated into the new homeland.

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2005, 12:37:57 AM »
Mobell it's funny isn't it? I stated early on in this thread that this was about AA and URM "taking their spots"...

It is kind of funny how some people consider AA to be some sort of grave injustice perpetrated against the white race. Especially given all the fields in which minorities are over represented. I mean there are so many minority senators, presidents, and CEO's Damn if Blackie isn't keeping us down.

"Blackie" ? ???

Hey BR, let it go. He is obviously agreeing with you.

I'm not taking a position on anything in this thread except to say that you have some obviously deep-rooted issues that you should sort out. Throughout this entire thread you have been attacking white people, "white culture" and white posters. What's your deal? If a white person insisted on attacking black people/culture/etc, you would be the first to scream racism.

Racism is a two-way street and you don't have a pass to be bigoted or ignorant just because you happened to be born black.

I fully expect you to respond with some drivel, such as "LOL, now I'm racist!?" or something insulting to white people.

My point is simply that white people are not the ONLY racists on LSD or elsewhere.

HTH.

Cooley I know he agreed, and a lot of people have made some very valid points in this thread, notwithstanding their cultural background.  However the "blackie" word was offensive. Whether (s)he was giving an example or not, the term i condescending.I haven't attacked a single white person in this thread. I simply asked what white culture consisted of. If that question is offensive then maybe you have some deep rooted issues that you need to deal with. My "LOL now I'm a racist" comment was a direct derivative  of szyzgy calling me racist. Which was totally unfounded.

I apologize if I offended you. It was not meant to be offensive. I was more parodying those that claim that AA is racist against white people. I was just making a joke out of the line "whitie is always keeping me down" While there are serious topics I think we can maintain a sense of humor.

OK back to Political Psychology reading

classofwhores

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2005, 12:38:46 AM »
What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area

Are not almost all of law schools like this?

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2005, 01:07:13 AM »
Yea, those 2% of elected officials who're black are really taking over.

BTW, how can you call me a troll -- I have 700 posts... troll?

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2005, 01:14:08 AM »
"Let me tell you, the brothers and sisters are running the city. Oh, yes. The brothers and sisters are running this city. Running it! Donít you let nobody fool you, we are in charge of the City of Brotherly Love. We are in charge! We are in charge!Ē

-Philadelphia Mayor John Street

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2005, 01:27:48 AM »
I think you forgot a few affirmative action scenarios:

1) The white applicant squeezes out the minority applicant because his/her father donated a huge sum of money to the school.

2)The white applicant squeezes out the minority applicant because his/her father attended the university (aka legacy)

3)The white applicant that squeezes out the minority applicant because he is a good baseball player or a good player of another sport.

hey buddy this list goes on and on. But if is funny that opponents of affirmative action only like to mention those scenarios based on race. Or the poor white guy victimized by minorities.

Notice how all three examples would be equally true, if the word "white" was replaced with "black"?

1) Any one who has a parent donor will have an easier chance getting in, white or black.
2) Same for the legacy--also notice that this and example #1) work against not only minorities but other white applicants (and the majority of them) who don't have the luck of wealthy/legacy parents
3) Yup, this example also has nothing to do with race.

I fail to see how any of these even begins to compare with systematized and institutionalized, race-based AA.

Thanks for proving my point. Affirmative action benefits all races. Stop trying to portray the white man as the victim. Because there are many scenarios were they are the beneficiaries of affirmative action.

I think I know why you fail to see the comparisons between race based affirmative action and these alternative forms of affirmative action. It is because these alternative scenarios expose a major flaw in your argument. I would ignore them as well if I were arguing your point.