Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area  (Read 37164 times)

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
Re: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2005, 11:09:11 PM »
Certainly not.

Then what aside from ending AA are you suggesting.

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2005, 11:16:52 PM »
Yea, I'm really not interested in making this a discussion about AA.  We're not going to convince each other either way.

I do want to know why many white people can't talk about race without bringing up AA.  That's not the only aspect of the entire conversation of race. 

Or do these white people only care about race as it applies to them?

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2005, 11:19:29 PM »
You guys are just AA trolls  >:(

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2005, 11:23:47 PM »
Mobell it's funny isn't it? I stated early on in this thread that this was about AA and URM "taking their spots"...

It is kind of funny how some people consider AA to be some sort of grave injustice perpetrated against the white race. Especially given all the fields in which minorities are over represented. I mean there are so many minority senators, presidents, and CEO's Damn if Blackie isn't keeping us down.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2005, 11:32:59 PM »
Mobell it's funny isn't it? I stated early on in this thread that this was about AA and URM "taking their spots"...

It is kind of funny how some people consider AA to be some sort of grave injustice perpetrated against the white race. Especially given all the fields in which minorities are over represented. I mean there are so many minority senators, presidents, and CEO's Damn if Blackie isn't keeping us down.

"Blackie" ? ???
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2005, 11:55:57 PM »
Certainly not.

Then what aside from ending AA are you suggesting.

Hey, man, you know what? I'm just getting my frustrations out.

I don't want to institute new policies or put my own views into effect. I'm just voicing an insecurity.

The truth is, most guys like me who are socially conservative, if we get to speak out, and let people hear where we stand, that gives us satisfaction, and we don't go much further beyond that once people have heard what we have to say.

superius

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2005, 12:01:30 AM »

I'd argue that you started the AA argument.

VinnyMyCousin

• Sr. Citizen
  • Say you'll do the job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2005, 12:01:41 AM »
I think you forgot a few affirmative action scenarios:

1) The white applicant squeezes out the minority applicant because his/her father donated a huge sum of money to the school.

2)The white applicant squeezes out the minority applicant because his/her father attended the university (aka legacy)

3)The white applicant that squeezes out the minority applicant because he is a good baseball player or a good player of another sport.

hey buddy this list goes on and on. But if is funny that opponents of affirmative action only like to mention those scenarios based on race. Or the poor white guy victimized by minorities.

Notice how all three examples would be equally true, if the word "white" was replaced with "black"?

1) Any one who has a parent donor will have an easier chance getting in, white or black.
2) Same for the legacy--also notice that this and example #1) work against not only minorities but other white applicants (and the majority of them) who don't have the luck of wealthy/legacy parents
3) Yup, this example also has nothing to do with race.

I fail to see how any of these even begins to compare with systematized and institutionalized, race-based AA.

DOWNY

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2005, 12:02:29 AM »

"Blackie" ? ???

Hey BR, let it go. He is obviously agreeing with you.

I'm not taking a position on anything in this thread except to say that you have some obviously deep-rooted issues that you should sort out. Throughout this entire thread you have been attacking white people, "white culture" and white posters. What's your deal? If a white person insisted on attacking black people/culture/etc, you would be the first to scream racism.

Racism is a two-way street and you don't have a pass to be bigoted or ignorant just because you happened to be born black.

I fully expect you to respond with some drivel, such as "LOL, now I'm racist!?" or something insulting to white people.

My point is simply that white people are not the ONLY racists on LSD or elsewhere.

HTH.

VinnyMyCousin

• Sr. Citizen
  • Say you'll do the job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2005, 12:04:33 AM »
indeed it is.. you know what's so funny though? Some fool related "black culture" to Lil Kim?

I don't necessarily agree with the Lil Kim example but I'm curious to know who you think exemplifies "black culture".