Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area  (Read 37091 times)

strouse

Re: What I Want Is A Mostly White Law School In A Mostly White Area
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2005, 10:31:50 PM »
Pat Buchanan?

Why is it that when people like me who are conservative on racial matters, finally start making reasoned arguments that we then get associated with negative, disreputable figures?

Because he wrote a book on the very subject you were referring to man!

strouse

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2005, 10:34:10 PM »
Runner up, does this sound familiar?-

Pat Buchanan in The Death of the West

On Immigration: Immigration tsunami will make whites a minority in US
The prognosis is grim. Between 2000 & 2050, world population will grow to over 9 billion people, but this 50% increase in global population will come entirely in Asia, Africa, & Latin America, as 100 million people of European stock vanish from the Earth. But the immigration tsunami rolling over America is not coming from 'all the races of Europe.' The largest population transfer in history is coming from all the races of Asia, Africa, and Latin America, and they are not 'melting and reforming.
Source: The Death of the West, by Pat Buchanan, p. 3 & 12

On Families & Children: Sex and Drugs and Abortions have killed the West
The West is dying. Its nations have ceased to reproduce, and their populations have stopped growing and begun to shrink. Not since the Black Death carried off a third of Europe in the fourteenth century has there been a graver threat to the survival of Western civilization. Since Roe vs. Wade, 40 million abortions have been performed in the United States.
For this revolution [the cultural revolution that started in the 60's which entailed mass abortion] is not unique to America. A civilization, a culture, a faith, and a moral order rooted in that faith are passing away and are being replaced by a new civilization, culture, faith, and moral order. This new moral code was crafted to justify the new lifestyle already adopted, as they indulged themselves in SEX, DRUGS, RIOTS, and ROCK

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2005, 10:34:44 PM »
The rival of the white race in America is affirmative action. It allows minority groups an extra card to play in seeking a job or in applying to law school- most minority groups, anyway. But, still, my point: affirmative action creates a scenario in which the white applicant or competitor is sqeezed out by an instituion or a company's desire to have as much diversity as possible. Diversity defeats the white applicant in most instances, because, let's face it, the more diversity we have, the less white applicants are successful.

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2005, 10:38:16 PM »
The rival of the white race in America is affirmative action. It allows minority groups an extra card to play in seeking a job or in applying to law school- most minority groups, anyway. But, still, my point: affirmative action creates a scenario in which the white applicant or competitor is sqeezed out by an instituion or a company's desire to have as much diversity as possible. Diversity defeats the white applicant in most instances, because, let's face it, the more diversity we have, the less white applicants are successful.

Aside from AA are there any other diffrences in agendas that you think exist

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2005, 10:41:25 PM »
Yes. The crux of the difference between white people and minorities in America, is that the former is trying to hold onto power and economic status, whereas the other (with the exception of Asians) is trying to gain. Tug of war, if you will.

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2005, 10:45:08 PM »
The rival of the white race in America is affirmative action. It allows minority groups an extra card to play in seeking a job or in applying to law school- most minority groups, anyway. But, still, my point: affirmative action creates a scenario in which the white applicant or competitor is squeezed out by an institution or a company's desire to have as much diversity as possible. Diversity defeats the white applicant in most instances, because, let's face it, the more diversity we have, the less white applicants are successful.

I think you forgot a few affirmative action scenarios:

1) The white applicant squeezes out the minority applicant because his/her father donated a huge sum of money to the school.

2)The white applicant squeezes out the minority applicant because his/her father attended the university (aka legacy)

3)The white applicant that squeezes out the minority applicant because he is a good baseball player or a good player of another sport.

hey buddy this list goes on and on. But if is funny that opponents of affirmative action only like to mention those scenarios based on race. Or the poor white guy victimized by minorities.

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2005, 10:55:48 PM »
Yes. The crux of the difference between white people and minorities in America, is that the former is trying to hold onto power and economic status, whereas the other (with the exception of Asians) is trying to gain. Tug of war, if you will.

I guess I think that one there is enough power and economic status in this country for us all and that when you get right down to it dividing people by race is kind of silly. We are all Americans and we all share in making this country successful. Plus I guess I find it distasteful that I have to keep an entire race of people down so that I can succeed.

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2005, 10:57:14 PM »

I should also add that in the ideal case people should be judged on there abilities not on race. Are you suggesting that whites enact some sort of reverse AA and give preference to whites.

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2005, 11:00:28 PM »
Certainly not.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2005, 11:06:08 PM »
Mobell it's funny isn't it? I stated early on in this thread that this was about AA and URM "taking their spots"...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...