Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Harvard info please!!!!  (Read 833 times)

JBBroadShot

• View Profile
Harvard info please!!!!
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:19:34 AM »
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on what life is like at Harvard?  Especially since they just changed their 1L program this last year.  Are there people who aren't totally stuck up and are just laid back and cool?  I'd just like any first or second-hand knowledge people could share as I'm really struggling with it.  Thanks so much!

UCLA '05 - Philosophy
HLS '09

Hickey

• View Profile
Re: Harvard info please!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 06:34:45 AM »
JB -

I visited HLS for 3 days back in September and loved it.  Boston is a sweet town (as long as you don't mind the cold), and I was surprised how many chill people I met there.  I just got accepted today (I can't sleep), and based on how enjoyable I thought the school, students, and setting were I'd pretty much made up my mind when I left boston. 

Yes, there are people that are stuck up and annoying as hell - assholes are pervasive, but I don't think people are as academically/professionally insecure at places like Harvard, Stanford, & Yale as you might find at slightly less highly rated schools (which, I think, leads to a lot of that type of stuff).

Anyway, I'm 21 from near SF and go to UCLA, so my sensibilities when it comes to people might be different than yours, but I had exactly the same questions and fears before I checked it out myself - I hope that helps!

-B