Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vanderbilt Wait List  (Read 1860 times)

Cal Varnson

Vanderbilt Wait List
« on: May 03, 2003, 04:08:40 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about the Vanderbilt wait list? I sent the admissions office an email asking about the time line and they refused to tell me anything.

Stuck

Re: Vanderbilt Wait List
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 04:05:15 AM »
im on the vanderbilt wait list. I just got the letter yesterday.

youngchi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 06:10:34 PM »
hey vandy ppl sorry if this is off topic but what are your numbers like?
 i was thinking about vandy but held off. i might apply next year- i would have 2 years work exp and 90th percentile lsat and a 3.4? what do you guys think if my chances? thanks, good luck too

ruskiegirl

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 10:29:01 PM »
You should have a decent chance.  Your GPA could hurt a little, because Vandy's numbers tend to be a bit higher, but that's nothing that couldn't be offset with a great personal statement and letters of recommendation.  I encourage you to apply.  Good luck!

lauramichelle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 03:53:39 PM »
youngchi---you should defenitely apply.  I got in w/ a 92 percentile and a 3.6.  After talking to other students, however, I seem to be towards the bottom end of the numbers...then again maybe the lower scoring people, just don't want to talk about it  ;)  so apply there, but apply early because it defenitely helps.  (I applied in early Novemer)

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 01:34:04 AM »
I got waitlisted at Vandy today.  3.53 GPA, 161 LSAT.  I know I'm pretty lucky.  I'm Chinese American, born and raised in SoCal, went to UC Irvine for undergrad, one year work experience as a paralegal, openly gay applicant.  I'm pretty sure I got in because of diversity.  Any advice as to how I can squirm my way in?  ;)

lifeofanarchy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 09:44:31 AM »
I got waitlisted at Vandy with a 162 and a 3.6 GPA. Damn them! Now I have to send deposits into Wake to keep my spot there.