Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accommodation when visiting Harvard?  (Read 2872 times)

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accommodation when visiting Harvard?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 02:59:46 PM »
mari, try contacting stanford - maybe they'll have some advice!

lobe, good point.  basically you'd have to lend me your entire apartment (empty of all occupants) to make sure I'm safe.  Thanks for volunteering!  ;D
HLS

maricutie

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 04:29:25 PM »

Ah. Smart :)

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 12:59:30 AM »
Slightly off subject, but related:
Have any of you guys received any additional info about admitted students day (aside from the dates). The last email I got said they were going to send something in the mail. Did anyone get anything yet? Also, I know some of the other schools are offering to reimburse for travel expenses. Is Harvard extending any similar offers?
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

maximumtennis82

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 02:59:30 AM »

Ah. Smart :)

Mari- Wasn't there a sheet of paper listing all the local Palo Alto hotels (along with their star-ratings, ammenities, and general costs) included in our folder?  Personally I plan on just getting a room at one of the cheaper-nearish ones...since they are covering transportation costs, I don't feel so bad about dropping some dough for accom.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 10:16:29 AM »
no seriously lobe, I wouldn't want to impose on you - I'd feel bad about that.  Plus you'll probably have a roommate by then!   :)
HLS

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 04:02:26 PM »
If I go to the Harvard admit weekend, I'll probably be staying with one of my HLS friends.

If I go to the Stanford admit weekend (I just realized this week that, if by some miracle I get a Root-Tilden-Kern interview at NYU, I'll have to be in NYC on the day that Stanford's admit weekend starts) I'll probably be staying with one of my boyfriend's friends in Menlo Park. If it comes to it, I'll just commute back and forth from my apartment in SF.
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 03:17:04 AM »
lol - no clarification needed.  and thanks for the tip!
HLS

Maryanne007

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.74 LSAT: 176 UG: Harvard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2005, 05:39:07 PM »
dolcejn,

when is the admit weekend? why don't u contact the house u lived in as an undergrad, i feel like they'd accomodate you.  :)

otherwise, i believe there is a cheap bed and breakfast near the quad, (my roommate got commencement rooms for only $75/night) which is great considering its graduation season, so it must be cheaper during other times!

also, has anyone gotten anythign from harvard beside the acceptance?  just curious

Regal_Muse

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 05:49:52 PM »
When is admit day? Are they sending that info soon? I'm probably going to crash at my friend's place. She has her own apartment.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2005, 03:06:58 AM »
dolcejn,

when is the admit weekend? why don't u contact the house u lived in as an undergrad, i feel like they'd accomodate you. :)

otherwise, i believe there is a cheap bed and breakfast near the quad, (my roommate got commencement rooms for only $75/night) which is great considering its graduation season, so it must be cheaper during other times!

also, has anyone gotten anythign from harvard beside the acceptance? just curious

whoah...$75 a night during commencement??? That's amazing.  You wouldn't happen to remember the name of this place?  I did contact Harvard and they might help, and would contact my undergrad house, but while I was there they were totally crowded.  Although...there wouldn't be any harm in asking...I'll try it! :)
HLS