Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Explaination  (Read 2118 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Explaination
« on: April 30, 2004, 06:31:58 PM »
Hi all,

Welcome back.  I'm still a little confused as to what happened, but I'm glad to see the site is back up.  I read a lot of the thread over on 4lawschool (thanks melissa for pointing me there).

Here is what I think happened: (1) Board traffic causes server to crash.  (2) Hosting company restores server and suspends account for too having much traffic.

Now - as far as financing and everything is concerned - thanks for offering so much support, but this site can afford more bandwidth if it is needed.  I don't think we execeeded what we paid for, but rather that the hosting company just thought I was spamming people or something.  They were just surprised at the traffic here.

I've been emailing them all day to get things resolved.  I was flying over the Atlantic yesterday so I didn't hear about the problem until this morning (east coast morning that is).  I've also been taking care of laundry and buying stuff for tonight's party today so I haven't been online too much today.

PS - If this happens again, I'll try to make announcements on the xoxo-whatever board and the 4lawschool board, but surely at http://www.andrewsinclair.org

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Explaination
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:13:46 PM »
where are your priorities???  flying over the atlantic and getting ready for your party? laundry??

likely excuses... ;D ;D

anyway, good to see it back up and thanks for maintaining the site.  i cant speak for everyone, but i know it helps me a lot (wasting time, making friends, etc)

again, the paypal offer is still out there if you ever need it.

dan
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'