Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?  (Read 22088 times)

PSU4Life

• View Profile
Re: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2004, 09:12:48 AM »
I think I'm getting a HP...now they're running a special with a printer for like $40 when you customize a laptop online with $150 total in rebates...I'm getting a pretty powerful one too, but that's onyl because I do so much damn stuff on the cimputer that I need all the power and speed I can get for a good amoutn of money.  I think the laptop comes with Intel's Pro Wireless 2200 card, but that only comes with a computer that has the Pentium-M (Centrino chip).  Intel makes other wireless cards that are also good, and if you already have a laptop then I think D-Link and Netgear both have solid cards as well.  I looked at the Dells through VU...definitely not impressed wither any of them...they seem pretty bulky.

mailtime

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2004, 11:05:03 AM »
i bought an avertec.  its a no name brand but it was only 850 dollars has built in wireless and weighs less than 4 pounds.

psugirl2nova

• Villanova Class of 2007
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dreamofyou81
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2004, 08:22:38 PM »
I got my loan award email today!!! Finally! Have you all gotten your emails yet?

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »
What email did you get?  I emailed one of the secs last week and the only thing she said was that everything was in order...

psugirl2nova

• Villanova Class of 2007
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dreamofyou81
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2004, 11:44:08 AM »
I got an email saying that I'm awarded so much money..and then I had to go to the sallie mae website and the promissory notes for the stafford loan and the private loan. Honestly I was shocked that I got that email seeing that I didn't even get all of the paperwork settled until this week.  If someone said it's in order, you should be getting an email very soon I'd hope.

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2004, 12:02:16 PM »
Oh...I already signed my prom notes and everything...i thought you were talking about something else.

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
  • Villanova Law, Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2004, 12:18:40 PM »
I just finished the necessary paperwork...Gotta love procrastination.  I'm so consumed by panic about moving in ten days and so not being packed or having everything I need for the move that I didn't even really think about all the financial aid crap til yesterday.

Anyone know how to handle the whole discrepancy between VU's bill due date and the disbursement date?  I e-mailed the fin aid office, but we all know how helpful and quick to respond they are.

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2004, 12:20:38 PM »
They acknowledged that something was wrong but never told me what was going to happen

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
  • Villanova Law, Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2004, 04:18:27 PM »
This is the response I received in regards to the discrepancy between the Villanova due date and the disbursement date:

"Once we process the loan for you, your account will reflect the fact that loans have been processed the amount expected will memo onto your account.  The Bursar will then know that you are expecting to receive loan funds so that the due of 8/6 does not apply to you."

Hope this answers that questio if anyone else was in that boat.

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2004, 10:49:35 AM »
does anyone know the average age of 1L at villanova?  I have a feeling that I'll be too old(26) for the crowd, jumping in the game a little late.  I even see a few signs of aging (gray hair, falling asleep after 11pm). haha :)

also any idea on how many students there are in each class?