Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?  (Read 22806 times)

psugirl2nova

• Villanova Class of 2007
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dreamofyou81
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2004, 04:32:18 PM »
Did any of you guys actually find anything out about your disbursement? I'd rather not call them if I don't have to...at least I finally satisfied my documents. Whew!

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
  • Villanova Law, Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2004, 05:38:08 PM »
I know nothing about the disbursement at the moment.  If I'm feeling brave I'll give a call tomorrow during my lunch break.

Anyone else heard from their "mentor" yet?  Oddly enough mine is a girl I had a class with at PSU and know from Greek life.  Made the intros easy at least.

Dmiller34

• AOL Instant Messenger - dmiller34
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2004, 10:39:43 PM »
mentor?? do we each get one? I never even heard of this!

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2004, 11:23:49 AM »
how are you guys moving your stuff?  I have friends here who can help me load to a truck, but I have none who can help unload once I get there.  it seems that most movers are booked for that day.  any suggestions?

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2004, 11:46:51 AM »
Are your parents helping you move?  I'm sure once you get to the building there will be people around and you can use your feminine charm to get a couple guys to help you out. ;)

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2004, 12:25:06 PM »
I know we covered this somewhat, but for those of you getting laptops, what are you getting?  I'm b/w a HP and IBM, but I don't really knwo if it's worth a few hundred $ more just to pay for the IBM name (and on-site repair service of course).

junbug77m

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2004, 12:42:08 PM »
Are your parents helping you move?  I'm sure once you get to the building there will be people around and you can use your feminine charm to get a couple guys to help you out. ;)

haha, my feminine charm?  I hope I don't have it.  I don't know how I got the nickname june bug, but I'm a guy.  (actually magic johnson's childhood nickname was june bug as well.)

my parents live in Korea.  my dad offered to fly over here and help me move, but I waived him away.  no need to waste 1300 bucks for the plane ticket just to help his son move.  I'll probably just grab random people off the street to help me.

junbug77m

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2004, 12:49:12 PM »
I know we covered this somewhat, but for those of you getting laptops, what are you getting?  I'm b/w a HP and IBM, but I don't really knwo if it's worth a few hundred $ more just to pay for the IBM name (and on-site repair service of course).

You shouldn't spend too much $ on a laptop if you just wanna use it for word processing or web browsing.  IBM supposedly makes the best laptops.  Vaios are very nice too, but usually their battery life sucks.  I know nothing about HP.  I'm actually happy with my 2-yr old Dell laptop.  It's kinda slow (P4 1.6GHZ), but it's fast enough for what I'll need in law school. 

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2004, 01:00:04 PM »
Sorry junbug...guess I should look around for some salt and pepper to season my foot.

I'm probably just going to do the Dell computer through the school.

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2004, 01:43:54 PM »
Nah, I'll be using it for everything, and I multitask a lot, so I'll need some power.  The IBM with same specs as the HP is like $500 more