Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?  (Read 22412 times)

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
  • Villanova Law, Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2004, 10:47:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum Dmiller.  Haven't heard of Radnor Crossing, but seeing as it's not Home Properties, it must be a decent place.  :)

Aren't the financial aid people just the friendliest folks on the planet?

And that t-shirt is absolutely hilarious and one which I am sure I will end up purchasing.

missjudyc

• AOL Instant Messenger - bobbleheadjudy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2004, 09:22:27 AM »
hi everyone! i just found out i was accepted a couple of weeks ago  :) and i have also gone to look at apts on the mainline and am undecided between the radwyn apts and the radnor house condos..

but hopefully wherever i end up, i'll meet some of you there!

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2004, 09:36:26 AM »
I chose Radwyn just because it was a little bit brighter and more appealing from a physical perspective.  It's a hefty sum of money, but I'm already in debt...another hundred or two of rent a month isn't going to kill me at this point.

I am definitely going to buy that shirt, although my favorite still is: "Welcome to Philadelphia...Now Go Home"  Those Penn students have those "Penn, not Penn State shirts, but I never got around to making the "Penn State, not Penn" shirts.

Only real thing that gets me bitter is that the point of email is that uou get a quick response (in the optimal scenario).  With the fin aid office, I wait 4 days befoer I hear anything back.

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2004, 10:15:03 AM »
hi everyone! i just found out i was accepted a couple of weeks ago  :) and i have also gone to look at apts on the mainline and am undecided between the radwyn apts and the radnor house condos..

but hopefully wherever i end up, i'll meet some of you there!

I chose Radnor House condos mainly because I got a really good deal (~$75 less than the listed monthly rent).  another reason is the location - it's close to two train stations.  I've talked to a resident there, and he says it's very quiet, which is what I need for 1L studying.  I also get a great view of the town being on the 10th floor. :)

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2004, 10:17:38 AM »
I looked at both Radwyn Apartments and Radcliff House.  Don't know anything about Radnor House.  I ended up choosing Radwyn because the living space was slightly larger and the carpeting is a major plus in my mind.  Radcliff House isn't carpeted.  The living space is slightly smaller but the balcony is larger and it has more closet space.  The kitchen was also a little bit nicer in Radcliff House.  In general, they're fairly even and both seemed quite livable.  So you may want to add Radcliff House to your list of places to check out.

I believe those Penn shirts said "We are...NOT Penn State."  I'm also a fan of the "New Jersey - where the weak are killed and eaten" and "Jersey girls aren't trashy...trash gets picked up" t-shirts.

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2004, 10:29:59 AM »
Hahaha...

Yeah, carpet in Radwyn was a major plus.  Maybe I'll convince my dad to let me bring the grill for my deck...

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2004, 11:09:48 AM »
Hahaha...

Yeah, carpet in Radwyn was a major plus.  Maybe I'll convince my dad to let me bring the grill for my deck...

one thing I don't like about radnor house condos is no balcony/deck.  so I'll have to settle with a Foreman grill

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2004, 11:13:04 AM »
That was one negative...another was maybe the realtors who had no idea what they were showing...I wasn't overly impressed

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2004, 11:26:51 AM »
All this grill talk reminds me...What does everyone plan on cooking at school?  I'm pretty much a novice, so I'm sure I'll be resorting to the ol' stir fry, marinated baked & pan fried chicken, and the other simple recipes that I used when I was on my own last spring.

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2004, 11:31:27 AM »
pretty much the same....pasta nights...treat myself to steak and takeout here and there...