Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?  (Read 21949 times)

PSU4Life

• View Profile
Re: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2004, 10:06:45 AM »
The more PSU alum the merrier.  At least we'll have a bigger crowd to go out boozin ;-)

Yeah, so I go up for ArtsFest and maybe it was just me, but I hated having to deal with all the freshmen that invaded the town.  I know I only graduated in May, but I feel so damn old around them.  Bunch of high schoolers around my frat house thinking they were the *&^%...guess I can't really blame them though, that was me 4 years ago.  Sure was nice to only pay $2.50 for a pitcher of beer...

psugirl2nova

• Villanova Class of 2007
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dreamofyou81
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2004, 10:26:55 AM »
Has anyone called the VLS financial aid office lately? They have this setup where you leave your name and number and they'll call you back. I just want to know how long I have to wait by the phone.

$2.50 pitchers?? Where did you get those? The Gman wasn't having happy hour this weekend...sucks!

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2004, 10:34:01 AM »
Never called...maybe it's just me, but Villanova doesn't seem too good w/ correspondence (phone/email/mail).

Didn't go to GMan...I knew the line would be curled around the corner

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
  • Villanova Law, Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2004, 05:14:43 PM »
Well, I hope all of you who went up for Arts Fest had a blast.  I got a random phone call from some girl I met in like early April and exchanged numbers with one night and hadn't talked to since, which was interesting.  Oddly enough, I found myself not really wishing I was there.  I, like PSU4Life, have grown extremely tired of dealing with underclassmen.  Maybe I'm just a bitter ol' alum.  I do miss the $3 pitchers at the Skellar and Saturday nights at the Phyrst though. 

Took my gf out for her 21st birthday to a restuarant in Philly which was pretty good, but I've had better for the same amount of money, and even a bit less.  The funny part was we had to steal our own bottle of wine from the restaurant.  It was the only time we've ever gone out and not finished whatever we were drinking.  I was driving, and she just wasn't feeling well, so we each had one drink before the wine but then we only made it through half of the bottle of wine.  Well I'll be damned if I'm gonna leave a half bottle of wine that I paid 36 bucks for to go to waste, or worse yet, for the restaurant to make money off it by selling the rest of it by the glass.  But the manager informed us (quite rudely too, I might add) that PA has this "silly law" that says they can't let patrons take wine out of the restaurant and they can lose their liquor license and yadda yadda yadda.  So while she wasn't looking I stuffed the bottle in Steph's gift bag and we scurried out.  I'm not good at telling stories, but it was pretty funny at the time.

Filled out the apartment application at Radwyn Apartments for a lease to start Aug 1, so I'll be moving in gradually over the course of the first week in August.  Now I'm off to go haggle with the Honda dealer.  :)

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2004, 05:59:39 PM »
Okay, so I realize this is totally not on-topic, but if anyone is a Dave Matthews fan, I have an extra ticket for one of the two shows next week.  I have tix for both nights but Steph can only afford to go to one of them, so the other one I'm lookin' for someone else to buy the other ticket.  I have pavilion seats for Tuesday night and Warehouse lawn seats for Wednesday night.  So Sarah or any of you other Philadelphia area people, let me know.

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2004, 03:34:57 PM »
did any of you get a financial aid package from villanova?  I've got the bill that says the tuition is due early August, but no word from the financial aid office.

BTW, I signed a lease with Radnor House Condos  I hear quite a few law students live there.  I'm moving in at the end of this month, and very excited to be near a big city. 

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2004, 07:13:02 PM »
I've gotten my financial aid package but need to call the office to talk about my disbursement date and the exact amount of the package, cause I'm actually not taking the full amount they're offerring.

I'll be moving into Radwyn Apartments Aug 1.  Look out for a poker night after that date as soon as I can scrounge up 7 or so players.

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2004, 09:24:41 AM »
Yeah, I took out the full amount for an off-campus student and was sent a bill too saying payment is on August 6 or something.  Will have to call and see what the deal with regard to loan disbursement is.

My lease starts Aug. 6th...did the whole IKEA thing this weekend.  Working for 2 more weeks, taking 2 weeks off, then I guess we get to start the whole sha-bang.

psugirl2nova

• Villanova Class of 2007
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dreamofyou81
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2004, 02:58:54 PM »
yeah i'm still waiting for the financial aid stuff to clear. man, they're so picky about what you write on those forms! good luck trying to speak to someone in the office...

Dmiller34

• AOL Instant Messenger - dmiller34
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2004, 10:36:14 PM »
Hey I just decided to live at Radnor Crossing... is anyone else living there? I am going through the same thing with the financial aid office as you all are... you are not alone!

PS I saw the best t-shirt at the bookstore... (because my friends down there are ragging on me already about choosing Nova)

Villanova
We're not snobs....
We're just better than you!