Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?  (Read 21207 times)

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
  • Villanova Law, Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone soon to Villanova IL's out there?
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2004, 02:51:15 PM »
So my wonderful company in all their wonderfulness decided to tell me today they were cutting out all temps effective tomorrow.  Thanks a lot guys.  I'm glad you gave me a good week or so to hunt down another job.  It's not like I'm going to have major rent to pay shortly.   >:(

psugirl2nova

• Villanova Class of 2007
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dreamofyou81
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2004, 07:48:13 PM »
Wow, that's bad luck  :(  Good luck finding something to replace that income...

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2004, 10:09:27 AM »
Eh, *&^% happens.  I'm mostly pissed that they gave me ONE DAY's notice.  That's ridiculous.  The least they coulda done was told me like on Monday so I had a few days to call up temp agencies and get something set up.  Oh well...At least the long weekend will let me cool off.

Then again, I'll be w/ my gf the whole weekend, so maybe I will still be fuming come next week.  Just gotta keep thinking happy thoughts about playing golf and getting a new car.

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2004, 10:30:11 AM »
true...

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2004, 08:15:24 PM »
Whatever...Temp agency already found something else for me.  So I guess I can't complain too much.  Though it is a <gasp> dollar an hour less.  I think I'll live.

The Sleve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2004, 08:25:31 PM »
Hey friends. I too am a local headed to Villanova. Just wanted to check in, say what's up.
I will be living at home in Wyncote (north of the city) for at least the first semester/year. We'll see how it goes after that!
Echoing the sentiments of Ross- if anyone wants to meet up some time for drinks, I'm game.
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July.
Later~

IM: L7Rulz
email: sarahes@alumni.upenn.edu

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2004, 09:50:46 PM »
YAY!  Sarah's on the board! 

Updates for those of you who care - the new temp job SUCKS and I'm gonna do it for this week and get the hell outta there.  Dark, dingy office with anti-social people and a big brother company mentality that prevents me from checking my e-mail during downtime let alone posting on here during work hours.  Throw in the crappy 11am-7pm shift (crappy mainly cause I commute to Jersey to see my girlfriend for dinner on Wednesdays and for the weekends) and I'm already sick of it...after ONE DAY.

Looks like I'll be getting an 04 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 EX as my new car.  I can't wait.  Getting a good price on it, which makes the key difference.

And I'm settled on Radwyn Apartments and will be putting down a deposit in the next week or so.  Poker night will be ON.

PSU4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2004, 08:58:53 AM »
Nice...maybe you landed the empty apt. next to mine?

The Accord Coupe is a nice car w/ good looks...you should be happy w/ it.

Three more weeks of this job.  I'm already sick of looking at wills, codicils, depositions, etc.  It should be a fun 3 years.

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2004, 07:48:56 PM »
Realized I typo'ed in my last post.  I'm actually getting the Accord Sedan.  I wanted a 4 door car cause I've found that my current coupe is just too cramped inside for me.  I'm going to Radwyn Apts on Monday to do all that fun paperwork.  I'll let you know what apartment I have when I know.

psugirl2nova

• Villanova Class of 2007
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dreamofyou81
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2004, 11:10:09 PM »
The 04 Accords are really nice..good pick!

You can add my retail job to the List of Jobs that Suck. I just about punched my jerk of a boss today. Sadly I've only been there about 3 weeks ( I worked there 3 years ago ) and I'm ready for it to end. Is having a job like this even worth it?? I only get $7/hr and usually work no more than 20 hours a week...

Speaking of drinks, I think I need one now!