Law School Discussion

Wisconsin admits?

Haz

• View Profile
Wisconsin admits?
« on: January 13, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »
Has anyone received any acceptances from UW-Madison and did you get $$? I was hoping to go there but haven't heard anything; meanwhile I'm in at Indiana w/ $$ so I need to hear back!

Re: Wisconsin admits?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 03:18:09 PM »
I got accepted in late November.  No word on $$$ yet, though.  They have a seperate scholarship app, so I think they get to it later.

Of course, since I am basically a "middle of the road" guy there, I doubt they'll offer much of anything.

otis

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 03:56:58 PM »
I also got in during November and still no word on money. Hoping to here from them soon because i'm guessing i could get a good chunk of change.

otis

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 11:51:38 AM »
I sent an email asking when they expect to send out scholarship letters and they told me that it will be in the next three weeks.

Just thought i'd give you guys an update.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 12:20:30 PM »
They said three weeks? Do you have to have had filled out the Scholarship App to be considered? I haven't turned mine in yet and I am confused - all the questions are about financials... is that app also for merit scholarships? The other schools seemed to consider you automatically for those. Does this mean UW doesn't? And do they take into consideration financials when deciding on merit scholarships - I always thought those two offices were totally separate. Thanks for any help!

otis

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 12:54:29 PM »
Caribe

Yeah I and the others who have posted sent in their scholarship form awhile back and are just waiting now. Wisconsin tends to look a little bit deeper then just your numbers concerning scholarships. Numbers play a big part but they also like to know a little bit more. On their website it explains their scholarship policy little bit more. Need based add will be decided by the FASFA just like other schools.

One note i'm pretty sure on this info but checking their website will give you better answers. Also their staff has been very good with answering the emails i sent so if you have questions drop them an email. 

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 04:03:41 PM »
I got a letter asking to send my 2004 tax returns to Wisconsin... which I don't have done yet b/c I don't have my W2s from my employers...