Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP!!!! Application change....  (Read 294 times)

ndiver

• 3.34 (4.0), 151
    • View Profile
NEED HELP!!!! Application change....
« on: January 13, 2005, 01:10:29 PM »
I was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy on 12/26/04, but on all of my apps I stated that my service would be until 5/26/05 because I had submitted an extension. However, I decided to withdraw my extension bc the possibility existed that I might get a couple internships.

Well... I got both internships I applied for. One is with my congressman and the other is with the D.A.'s office. Since I am not working and i have VA benefits to pay for school I am able to do both.

How should I inform the schools of my employment change?... and will it make a difference that I am beginning an internship or will they not care bc I am just STARTING?

Any advice is greatly appreciated?
Accepted: Stetson
Rejected:UC Boulder, UGA, UTK, Georgia State, Hofstra, Santa Clara, Temple
Pending: Mercer

mattb23

Re: NEED HELP!!!! Application change....
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 05:47:29 PM »
Just send them a brief update addendum explaining the change and surrounding circumstances, no biggie. It certainly won't work against you in any way; not sure whether the internship will be of any help, but it could be, so go ahead and let them know.

Good luck.

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 06:29:43 PM »
Just send them a brief update addendum explaining the change and surrounding circumstances, no biggie. It certainly won't work against you in any way; not sure whether the internship will be of any help, but it could be, so go ahead and let them know.

Good luck.

I agree.

Not to hijack, but mattb23 - with your LSAT, why didn't you apply to Harvard?

Shakespeare

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 07:20:28 PM »
As it were, Julie Fern is nothing more than a common dog.
Julie Fern.  A hellish dog, a subtle whore, and the despisèd issuance out of a most unfortunate mother's loins. Dare not accept under any circumstance.

mattb23

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 10:41:54 PM »

Good luck.

I agree.

Not to hijack, but mattb23 - with your LSAT, why didn't you apply to Harvard?

Basically, I had registered for the October LSAT and was shooting for a score in the low 170s. Unfortunately, the night before the test, my mother was suddenly hospitalized. She's fine, but I ended up being up all night and obviously wasn't totally right mentally. I figured that I'd give the test a shot, but I could tell it was a bad day, so I cancelled. While getting ready for the Dec test, I got all my apps ready to go, basically still thinking that about a 173 was my ceiling. The score really shocked me--I had done that on a couple practice tests, but I really didn't think I'd be able to do it on test day, and luck--particularly with the logic games--played a big role.

When I got the score, I decided to throw in an app at Columbia, but still don't think my app would have been Harvard material. My grades would be awfully low for them and my extracurriculars aren't anything special. I'm a pretty typical northeastern white kid, and I've never had a real burning desire to go tO HLS in any case. I'd probably say that Penn is my first choice, but not clear cut--I could happily go to Penn, UVA, Cornell, GULC, Duke, Columbia, possibly GW.