Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 1274 times)

tomas23t

• View Profile
Wisconsin
« on: January 13, 2005, 11:48:52 AM »
Long time reader, first time posting.  First let me say thanks to everyone on this board, you guys have been a huge help through all this.  I wish I had found this board about two months earlier.

My quesiton is this:  While researching where associates at the top law firms in Chicago went to school, I didn't see any Wisconsin JDs.  It seemed like Kent and Loyola had great placement, even though they are 2nd tier.  Am I wrong to just assume that Wisonconsin's stance in the rankings and proximity to Chicago = good job prospects??  Any help in this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks!
In: $$$Pitt(8k per year), $$$Villanova(10K per year), Catholic, San Diego
Waitlist: GW, U-Conn, Wake Forest, American
Out: Wisconsin, Boston College, G-Town, Illinois....and more...

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 11:53:41 PM »
I'm VERY interested in this as well.  Wisc is one of my top choices but mainly because of its reputation AND proximity to chicago.  I hope it translates into good prospects.
Hello Wisconsin!

DOWNY

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 03:19:05 AM »
Long time reader, first time posting.  First let me say thanks to everyone on this board, you guys have been a huge help through all this.  I wish I had found this board about two months earlier.

DOWNY is grateful that you appreciate his hard work on this site.

caribe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 04:25:44 PM »
I am also interested in this, too! Wisconsin seems more prestigious, but Kent/Loyola/DePaul have the advantage of being in the city so you can work PT during the year and make connections... Also, as an "older" student, I would like to study with people who have been in the work force for a while - does anyone know if more students at Wisconsin are right out of college than the city schools, since it's college-town location? Thanks!

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 07:18:20 PM »
Also looking seriously at Wisc, myself.  I think the whole no-bar exam in Wisconsin thing may be a part of it.  Combine that with the low cost of living, and I imagine a lot of people stay there.

Attending: Wisconsin

akl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 03:38:02 AM »
i would agree that most u of wisc students probably choose o stay in wisconsin because if you graduate from there ( or marquette) there is no bar exam necessary. I think most likely you would see more wisc students in minneapolis then chicago...but i would have to imgine there a decent amount of wisc students in chicago
3.5/169

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 07:10:58 AM »
and why are you people up all hours of the night making serious posts?

akl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 09:06:35 PM »
maybe some of us live on the west coast were 330 is 1230
3.5/169