Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I hope I am not waiting for nothing!  (Read 1276 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
I hope I am not waiting for nothing!
« on: January 13, 2005, 10:42:35 AM »
Okay, so my numbers aren't great by any means, but I haven't heard anywhere yet either way. It sucks!!! My apps have been complete a little while now. Does this mean I am actually being considered?

I just hope it's not all for nothing. Like, I will hold my breath this whole time and by April I will get a slew of rejections. That better not happen!!!  >:( Someone take me please!! ???
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

dr_draino

Re: I hope I am not waiting for nothing!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 10:44:26 AM »
LSD always reminds me, that in the grand scheme of things, I'm really not all that neurotic, paranoid and stressed.  You people are taking years off your life with this mess.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 10:49:38 AM »
I guess you are saying I am crazy? That's okay. If I knew I was going SOMEWHERE, I'd be fine. It's just the not knowing if I will get to go at all that's hard. And if I had your LSAT, I would not be nearly as neurotic, I can assure you! :)

syrie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:48:22 PM »
My apps have been complete a little while now.

What's "a little while" ?   My first apps went complete in late November, and I haven't heard ANYTHING.  (Numbers 177/3.3).  Some of my schools are reaches and some aren't, but none are talking yet. 

I just think my expectations about how long it would take to hear something back were way off.  I'm now settling in for the long wait -- I hope to hear something before March 1, basically.

jax327

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 05:52:21 PM »
I agree with Kitty.  The subpar LSAT score seriously contributes to my neuroticism.  At least I can funnel this energy somewhat into LSAT practices.

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 09:44:22 PM »
Okay, so my numbers aren't great by any means, but I haven't heard anywhere yet either way. It sucks!!! My apps have been complete a little while now. Does this mean I am actually being considered?

I just hope it's not all for nothing. Like, I will hold my breath this whole time and by April I will get a slew of rejections. That better not happen!!!  >:( Someone take me please!! ???

I am in the same boat so I can relate.  I applied in September and I am hoping that I hear something soon.

Pace told me that February was when they decide.  New York Law mentioned that they only start reviewing in January.  I think that the waiting is hard but what can you do.

I filled out my FAFSA application online for Federal Aid.  Maybe when the school receives the transmission it may show interest.  (Even though I know that probably would not happen.)

Braden

• Sr. Citizen
  • World's biggest jerk.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 10:13:18 PM »
If you are housekitten on LSN, it is quite likely that you are waiting for nothing.

3.6 (Mech Engr/Math/Econ (minor)), (167 and 179), Lots of ECs, and a guy with long blonde hair(that should make me an URM):
In:Michigan!, DUKE
Out:Yale, Harvard
Waitlist: Penn

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 09:41:51 AM »
If you are housekitten on LSN, it is quite likely that you are waiting for nothing.

I am not, I am Legalkitty on LSN. Now you can see why I might worry??

I know it could still be awhile, but it is just hard waiting, especially when you hear about people getting in, you know? I guess I will do my FAFSA form this weekend to pass the time. I am really starting to get my hopes up; I hope I am not in for a big letdown. Good luck, everyone!

Silvermtn

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvermountain74
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 12:15:31 PM »
No news is definately better than a ding.  Believe me, those schools most likely are looking at your file very closely and if they have decided to issue a flat denial you certainly would have heard from them.  If it makes you feel any better, I went complete two weeks ago and already got two dings.

inthesun

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 12:56:53 PM »
Wow.  I'm screwed then.  My numbers are mediocre, and I got my apps in at the beginning of this month.  I probably won't hear anything until people start putting down deposits.