Law School Discussion

"Application complete" at Duke????

"Application complete" at Duke????
« on: January 12, 2005, 06:50:36 PM »
Anybody know if Duke sends any kind of notification that your application is complete?  I applied in late December and was complete everywhere else I applied by mid December but I have heard nothing from Duke.  Should I be alarmed?  Anybody know anything?

Re: "Application complete" at Duke????
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 08:30:39 AM »
I had to email them, and they got back to me in a few days saying I was complete.

I don't think they tell you unless you ask.

Javert

• Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 09:07:14 AM »
I'm in at Duke, and I didn't get any complete notification. I got an email letting me know they'll be requesting my report (11/2), then the acceptance email on 11/30 with the easy-to-miss subject line "Congratulations!". Between those two emails, I heard nothing.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 10:19:19 AM »
I also got in with out a complete email. In fact my dean never sent the required letter so I might not even be complete now, (though Duke's website says the will review your application with out the dean's rec).

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 10:54:02 AM »
Yep, I also didn't receive any notification.  I e-mailed the admissions office and asked about it about a month after I applied.  I received a response letting me know that I was in fact complete, and two days later I got my acceptance e-mail.