Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Addendum or no?  (Read 320 times)

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
Addendum or no?
« on: January 12, 2005, 01:08:34 PM »
A couple of the applications I am completing ask for my rank and the size of my college class. However, I learned today from my advisor, the Liberal Arts Office, and the Registrar that that information is not available. My Pre-Law advisor suggested to simply put "Not Available" on my applications, but I don't want it to look as though I didn't try to find the information, or as though I was scared to tell them. Should I write a short addendum explaining that the information is not available, or just do as she said and leave it at that???
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
Re: Addendum or no?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »
My UG does not keep track of class size/rank either.  If you checked and know this information is not available, then put "not available" because, I'm guessing, the law school has had applicants from your UG in the past and will know that this information is not available.

Don't write an addendum.  That would be overkill.
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

Oneof2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 01:17:06 PM »
I agree with alibami. No addendum is needed.

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 01:37:49 PM »
Great thanks!!!!
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

checkingin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 06:37:20 PM »
Great thanks!!!!

I would agree, no addendum, however, put a positive spin on it and tell them where you expect to fall and what you expect are the stats!  If you think you'll be in the top 10%, say so, with the disclaimer that is is only an expectation since your UG school does not provide that info until after graduation, etc.  Good luck.

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 07:26:18 PM »
Great thanks!!!!

I would agree, no addendum, however, put a positive spin on it and tell them where you expect to fall and what you expect are the stats!  If you think you'll be in the top 10%, say so, with the disclaimer that is is only an expectation since your UG school does not provide that info until after graduation, etc.  Good luck.

I wouldn't do this, how could you know where you fall and what the stats are for your school since your school does not track this information. Just put N/A and you will be OK