Law School Discussion

Case Western

Troy McClure

Case Western
« on: January 12, 2005, 07:39:10 AM »
So far, I have been rejected by both Baylor and the University of Houston.  Case Western just emailed me to say I have been accepted and that my official letter is on the way.

I'm waiting to hear from six other schools, but I'm excited about this.  Case is a great school.

vmersich

Re: Case Western
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 09:03:33 AM »
jbm, why do you await case when you have OSU?

OP: Case is better than those other schools, anyway, as Cleveland is better than Texas.  Congratulations!

vmersich

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 09:08:12 AM »
jbm, why do you await case when you have OSU?

OP: Case is better than those other schools, anyway, as Cleveland is better than Texas.  Congratulations!

What does OP mean?

Original poster.  :)  Come on, you're military.  You should be catching on to these abbreviations quickly!  ;)

HTH

Gummo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 09:09:44 AM »
I don't know what it is with people going to Case.  Nobody answers questions.  In just about every thread where Case Western Reserve is mentioned, I've asked, but nobody answers.  I'm at the point where I just leave Thunderbird open so that if and when it comes, I'll know.  I hope what they say about a watched pot isn't true of a watched inbox.

Haha, I was just going to say that.  It's so mysterious.  At least from this thread we can deduce acceptances come via email.

vmersich

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 09:15:27 AM »
SOB!

original as in initial.

<shoves HTH somewhere>

HTH.

Gummo

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 09:19:31 AM »
I don't know what it is with people going to Case.  Nobody answers questions.  In just about every thread where Case Western Reserve is mentioned, I've asked, but nobody answers.  I'm at the point where I just leave Thunderbird open so that if and when it comes, I'll know.  I hope what they say about a watched pot isn't true of a watched inbox.

Haha, I was just going to say that.  It's so mysterious.  At least from this thread we can deduce acceptances come via email.

No kidding.  I wonder if this gives an indication of how competitive it will be at Case.  The number one reason I don't want to go to a top tier school with a $6000 tuition bill (BYU) is that it is so competitive.  It's competition is even more detracting than it being in my home state, when I want to go away to law school.  If Case is this competitive, I'll be disappointed.

The competition at Case Western runs a bit high, but that's just the nature of the beast. One student explains, "There seem to be two distinct groups of students, those who are social and not outwardly competitive [and] those who are extremely competitive."
http://www.princetonreview.com/law/research/profiles/studentsSay.asp?listing=1035859&category=6&LTID=5

Of course, I don't put much stock in this site.  And pretty much every law school is rumored to be cutthroat or competitive, it seems.

vmersich

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 09:26:32 AM »
From the look on your face I can guess where you shoved the first HTH.  For your own good, shove your last one somewhere else.

Anyway, I have dozens of friends in Cleveland, plus Case has a huge regional reputation.  I wouldn't mind spending my career in Cleveland, and some top firms in the area recruit heavily at Case (see Jones Day and others).

Dozens of friends in Cleveland?  Oh yeah, military. 

Case has the great rep and all, but OSU has at least the same rep, plus Columbus (I think) is nicer.  Aren't you up for the Moritz thingy too? (or am I confusing you with someone else?)  If you get the moritz and choose case over OSU, you are butt-crazy.

That's not me in the pic, by the way.  It's Mike Patton.  I am gender non-specific here.

vmersich

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 09:29:45 AM »
jbm, have you considered Pitt?  You would be offered close to full tuition there, I do believe.

ilsox7

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 09:31:52 AM »
Never lived in Columbus, but have lived in Cleveland.  Cleveland rocks and Columbus never impressed me when I visited there. 

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 09:33:32 AM »
Congrats Troy.  I'll be there next fall.  Maybe I'll see you there.