Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Going to GMU =)  (Read 823 times)

Skippy

• View Profile
    • Email
Going to GMU =)
« on: April 29, 2004, 12:48:36 PM »
I'm very happy to be accepted into George Mason University Law School.  When I visited, I liked the atmosphere and even the building a lot.  Only thing is, the undergraduate school is sort of known as a weak school (3rd tier) so a lot of people are somewhat disappointed when I tell them where I'm going.  A lot of people seem to be ignorant when it comes to law schools and rankings, unless it's a big name Ivy League or something.

Either way, can't wait

nathanielmark

Re: Going to GMU =)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 12:52:10 PM »
congrats.  i hope to be attending there myself in '05.  i wouldnt worry about name value unless you are planning to work somewhere other then DC Metro.  there is a guy on here GMULAW you may want to talk to, he has the heads up on 1L profs and classes, etc.

GMULAW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 01:00:18 PM »
Yes, there is GIRL on this board that currently attends GMUSL. :) SHE has lots of info on the first year day profs. :)

Skippy,
GMUSL is a very highly respected school in this area and it is quickly gaining a national one.  We are the fastest and youngest rising school in the first tier. The undergrad at GMU does suck, but GMUSL usually does not take them. I think we had one in our class and she dropped out.  I love this school and I promise you will too! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Chaddow81@yahoo.com

I am in the middle of finals so I might be slow w/ a response!

CONGRATS!!
I will choose a path that's free, I will choose free will

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 01:01:55 PM »
eeesh... my bad.  i think it was the way you have your name in all CAPS that gave me a buffed up manly image.. the smurf definitely softens your presence though.

sorry about that!

Yes, there is GIRL on this board that currently attends GMUSL. :) SHE has lots of info on the first year day profs. :)

Skippy,
GMUSL is a very highly respected school in this area and it is quickly gaining a national one.  We are the fastest and youngest rising school in the first tier. The undergrad at GMU does suck, but GMUSL usually does not take them. I think we had one in our class and she dropped out.  I love this school and I promise you will too! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Chaddow81@yahoo.com

I am in the middle of finals so I might be slow w/ a response!

CONGRATS!!