Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Powerscore - Books to the full course for sale  (Read 1291 times)

JDPlease

• 2.5 UGPA, 153 LSAT
    • View Profile
Powerscore - Books to the full course for sale
« on: January 12, 2005, 01:21:14 AM »
My books to the full Powerscore course are for sale. There are seven books in total. 4 practice tests (w/ answer key), 12 lessons that explain every Powerscore "trick to the trade", and one Challenge Review.

If you read these books, and follow the lessons, I believe that you will see the same result as taking the 1,200 dollar course. Once you read the lessons and do the following questions on each topic, your understanding of the LSAT will start to flourish.

PowerScore is cracking down on people that are selling their books, so please send me a personal message to facilitate a purchase. I am only asking $300.00 for these books - so save yourself $900.00 and don't take the full course.

JDPlease

• 2.5 UGPA, 153 LSAT
    • View Profile
Re: Powerscore - Books to the full course for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 01:26:53 AM »
PS - A description of these books is on the PowerScore website. They want $630.00 for the set...

These are the exact books that I will ship you.

https://www.powerscore.com/cgi-bin/ccp5/cp-app.pl?%%SCRIPT_COMMON_URL%%&pg=store&sub_pg=prod&ref=345

lawguru

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:38:05 AM »
do they have explanations on hte books ? or is it like testmasters where they just have questions w/out any explanations whatsoever?
and how much have you marked on those books?

JDPlease

• 2.5 UGPA, 153 LSAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 01:11:04 AM »
do they have explanations on hte books ? or is it like testmasters where they just have questions w/out any explanations whatsoever?

Good questions; I should have clarified better.

The books do have explanations of the answers. It is usualy about 1 paragraph long (depending on the difficulty of the question) and those explanations usually point back to the lesson that covered that particular type of question. The books really are good.

I have written in and highlighted some parts of the books. Mostly in the lessons. This set does, however, have 4 of the 12 lessons unscathed. I didn't mark in those sections because I missed those 4 classes.

At the end of each lesson there is an extensive homework section. I only did the homework to lesson 1 (yes, I'm a slacker) - so the other 11 homeworks are completely unmarked. The homework seems to be one of the most important parts to practice, because each section has about 10 times the questions that are in each lesson. SO, all in all, these books don't have many marks in them. And, yes, the homework questions have an answer key w/ explanations.

On the 4 practice tests, I have not written in the book at all. I will also print out and include an answer key to each test (because those aren't in the books)...

This set is like getting the "Logic Games Bible", on steriods - for each logical reasoning AND Reading Comp AND Logic Games....

If I would have completed all the homeworks, and gone to all the classes - I think that I would have scored over 160.

theo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Fine surname
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:23:44 AM »

Actually, the TestMasters lesson books have elaborate explanations (much better than PowerScore's Ultimate Games Setups) for every Logic game from 1991-2001 (they reserve 2002-04 for diagnostics), and a key to every RC question from that period.

TestMasters only puts perfunctory explanations to its methodology (how to handle parallel reasoning questions, e.g.) in the books, and leaves the detailed explanations to the instructors.  That's why you have heard that "they just have questions w/out any explanations whatsoever".
quid leges sine moribus vanae proficiunt?

JDPlease

• 2.5 UGPA, 153 LSAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 10:51:12 PM »
I have had many people PM me with questions about these books. Yes, it is the full set that is used in the "full-length course." No lessons are missing - all 12 are there. No tests are missing...nothing is missing. Also, I do not feel comfortable scanning the materials to post on this site. Please do not ask me to do that.

If curiosity is really getting the best of you...I will mail one of the lesson books to someone that is extremely interested in purchasing the set. This way, you will get to review 2 or 3 lessons before purchasing the complete series.

Many people have complained about the price and offered $200 for the set. I will relax the price a little bit, but I still think that I should get $250.00 for the set.