Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Off the list  (Read 3033 times)

CH

Off the list
« on: June 18, 2003, 06:22:03 AM »
What waitlists have people gotten off of? Please post your stats and when you got off?

Also, any info on the UCLA waitlist, I am not on it, but on the waitlist to another school that might move if UCLA does......thanks for the input!!

dunnolaw

• View Profile
Re: Off the list
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 05:39:59 PM »
UC Hastings said they don't do anything with their waitlist until June or July.  Can anyone refute that?  I want someone to tell me that I was just given the company line?

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 05:42:34 PM »
I don't think youll have anyone move off waitlist just yet, as acceptances are still being sent out, but thats a good question and this thread should be kept alive, especially when it becomes more pertinant.
cheers

cmt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 08:27:40 PM »
I have been waitlisted at University of Maryland and they have told me they will begin reviewing their waitlist every two weeks after May 1st.

I have also been waitlisted at Penn State Dickinson and they have also told me the same thing.  However on lawschoolnumbers.com, there is an individual who posted that he/she was waitlisted at Dickinson and then accepted off of the waitlist. 

Who knows.  I can only hope to get into one of these schools as they are my 1st and 2nd choice.

CMT

sofocused

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 08:43:31 PM »
Question for all those on waitlists:

Assuming that the school you are waitlisted at is your first choice, are you guys sending in a "safety" deposit at another school and waiting to the bitter end to see if you get off the waitlist?   I am just wondering what the procedure is for sending the deposits (i.e. is it binding?).

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 08:55:48 PM »
Question for all those on waitlists:

Assuming that the school you are waitlisted at is your first choice, are you guys sending in a "safety" deposit at another school and waiting to the bitter end to see if you get off the waitlist?   I am just wondering what the procedure is for sending the deposits (i.e. is it binding?).
Yes I am planning on giving a deposit to a sfety school (im waitlisted at Notre Dame) chances of getting off a waitlist anywhere are not great,  - <50% for sure. Deposits aren't binding except you lose your money, although if you change your mind early enough after giving the deposit some schools will refund some/all of your money. Im going to wait as looong as possible because I really I have my hearst set on ND (unless I get in to GW - which is not gonna happen :-\)

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 09:00:14 PM »
 I'm on the Wake wait list :( (2.9/160)...I'm visiting the school this monday and getting a tour, I'm sending three more recs, writing a continued interest letter and I'm getting at least a 3.75 this winter quarter. Think this will help? ANY WITH INFO ABOUT WAKE PLEASE RESPOND! I wanna go there so bad.

rickjames

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 11:30:09 AM »
I was waitlisted at Boston University with a 163/3.74. I sent in a letter telling them that they were my first choice (this was somewhat b/s as I sent the same letter to GWU) and I was accepted within a week. Suckas.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 04:46:15 PM »
Odes,

I notified Wake yesterday that I am withdrawing from their list to attend Boalt.  Best of luck to you.  I think that the continued interest letter and the new recs will definitely work in your favor.