Law School Discussion

I AM SOOOOOOO SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOO SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 11, 2005, 06:50:15 PM »
I just found out that one my 2 LOR's is from a Graduate Teaching Assistant when this whole time I thought she was a professor!!!!!!!!! >:( I didn't specify anywhere on my apps that one of my LOR's was from a prof so I didn't lie or anything but WTF!!!!!!  I'm F'd!!!! This is anything but good and I'm freakin out!!!!!!

Anyone know how bad this is??? ??? ??? ???

AubZamZam

Re: I AM SOOOOOOO SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 06:51:27 PM »
Calm down, it's fine.  It's ok to have a rec from a TA.

russian_concussion

• Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - agradon
    • View Profile
    • Get a Free IPod
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 06:55:56 PM »
Calm down, it's fine.  It's ok to have a rec from a TA.

No no, I am rather certain of his @#!*-ta-tude.
Seriously though, you should be ok.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 06:59:54 PM »
One of my friends had *two* TA LORs (of 3 total) and she got into almost all of her top choices in CA (all T1 & T2 schools that she applied to).

I'm sure you're fine.  :)

miguel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 07:00:33 PM »
nobody will care and will not affect your admissions one way or another is my guess

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 07:03:11 PM »
I just have one question.

how good is the LOR if you didn't even know the position that this person held at your school?
just wondering.

other than that I'm sure you're fine.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 07:12:33 PM »
Wow, thanks for the relief guys.  I really thought I was sunk!

In response to THalky: 

I actually had a really good relationship with her and I think she wrote me a pretty good/very good LOR. Plus I got an A in her class.  I just assumed she was a prof b/c she was the only teacher w/ no TAs or any other help.  It was a one night per week night class though. I just dug through my files and found her syllabus and she doesn't mention her position anywhere and I guess it just never came up in our conversations.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 07:16:14 PM »
Wow, thanks for the relief guys.  I really thought I was sunk!

In response to THalky: 

I actually had a really good relationship with her and I think she wrote me a pretty good/very good LOR. Plus I got an A in her class.  I just assumed she was a prof b/c she was the only teacher w/ no TAs or any other help.  It was a one night per week night class though. I just dug through my files and found her syllabus and she doesn't mention her position anywhere and I guess it just never came up in our conversations.

Cool,
I was just wondering, it seemed weird in the story is all.
I'm sure it's fine.

NYBound05

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 09:00:23 PM »
You're definetely fine.  I've talked to numerous adcomms at various forums and ALL have said that having a TA write your lor is perfectly fine.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 09:11:24 PM »
I just found out that one my 2 LOR's is from a Graduate Teaching Assistant when this whole time I thought she was a professor!!!!!!!!! >:( I didn't specify anywhere on my apps that one of my LOR's was from a prof so I didn't lie or anything but WTF!!!!!!  I'm F'd!!!! This is anything but good and I'm freakin out!!!!!!

Anyone know how bad this is??? ??? ??? ???

Man, you're screwed. Give up on law school. Sounds like you burned your bridges for good. No hope for real success in your career ever again. You're done. Go back to the ghetto.