Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Stamina  (Read 1004 times)

nathanielmark

LSAT Stamina
« on: April 29, 2004, 11:43:55 AM »
Ive posted a similar question once before but i did not get much response, so i will try again.

last week was my first full length timed LSAT.  i noticed that my concentration was waning a little on the 2nd section, and a great deal on the third. 

im guessing that this is normal, but can anyone tell me if they have noticed this problem themselves, and if it improves with the practice of full-length LSATs?

Im hoping that by the time I do 10 or more full LSATs in the coming weeks, i will be better able to sustain focus for the full exam.

Louder Than Bombs

Re: LSAT Stamina
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:53:26 AM »
I recommend Ginseng.

No, seriously, I don't recommend taking the tests all at once. Section practice is most essential. Since the exam is not cumulative, think of the test as five 'mini-exams'. Concentrating on the exam in this piecewise fashion will not only help improve your score, but also your stamina IMHO.

Chris

younglady

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 12:12:50 PM »
I recommend Ginseng.

No, seriously, I don't recommend taking the tests all at once. Section practice is most essential. Since the exam is not cumulative, think of the test as five 'mini-exams'. Concentrating on the exam in this piecewise fashion will not only help improve your score, but also your stamina IMHO.

Chris

Definitely do section practice, but doing full-lengths also is going to be the main way to build your stamina. Think of it like excercising. At first a 1 mile run seems like torture, but the more you do it the easier it feels.

ttiwed

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 04:18:06 PM »
i took this one practice test where there were 3 logical reasoning sections back to back! thats like 75 separate pieces of information you have to handle in an hour and a half. by the time i got to the other sections, i started to have a headache. i heard if you physically work out, you may be able to prevent such a scenario from happening because oxygen will flow to your brain easier if you are in shape, thus preventing headaches. (seriously!  :))

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 04:24:04 PM »
something i posted a while back...but hope it helps.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,1755.0#msg13386

'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'