Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univ. of Miami  (Read 1450 times)

jluna

• View Profile
    • Email
Univ. of Miami
« on: April 29, 2004, 11:14:33 AM »
Is anybody attending next fall?  Let me know.

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
Re: Univ. of Miami
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:41:59 AM »
Waitlist - complete application 3/1 - decision by the end of March.  I'd like to go there.  It's a well respected school in the Atlanta market, and that's where ultimately, one day, I'd like to practice.

The only thing that concerns me about Miami is the heat and humidity.

jluna

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 12:18:02 PM »
I'm waitlisted as well.  I think we have a good shot at getting in.  What do you think?

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 01:29:12 PM »
I don't know what the chances are of getting in.  I haven't heard anything positive about getting off waitlists at all...so, my gut is that getting off a waitlist is a long shot.

Have you heard any statistics about Miami's list?  Number of people on list, procedure for calling waitlist?  Etc...

Redweld

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »
I think you all probably have a pretty good chance of getting in.  I'm sure Miami's yield is not great so they have to use the waitlist to fill in their class when people start dropping out in May and June.  I have been accepted there and right now I plan on attending.  However, I am on a number of waitlists and still am waiting to hear from a number of schools.  I am sure that a lot of people who sent their deposits to Miami are in a similar situation as me.  If I am accepted somewhere else, I will withdraw my acceptance of their offer immediately.

brooke7733

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 01:56:57 PM »
I was accepted and sent in my no thanks last week.  So one more spot to fill!  Good luck!

EASTWEST

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 03:20:52 PM »
I was on the Miami waitlist and got an acceptance this week.I was extremely suprised because Miami supposedly hasnt gone to their waitlist in the past two years. They generally compensate for the low yield with more acceptances from what I hear. However, this is good news for everyone waitlisted because it looks like their still taking people.