Law School Discussion

"Application Received" at Columbia?

vickymaz

"Application Received" at Columbia?
« on: January 11, 2005, 09:06:11 AM »
Does Columbia send out "application received" emails or letters? I haven't heard anything from them since submitting over a month ago, and I've heard from all 15 of my other schools. So...normal or not?

vickymaz

Re: "Application Received" at Columbia?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 09:26:03 AM »
Nevermind. I called the admissions office and got chewed out for apparently "not checking my email frequently enough". Even though I check it 50 times a day. Someone's in a great mood over there today.  ::)

prospect

• "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 09:33:18 AM »
Does that mean you are complete, or not?  I am in a similar boat & was going to call early next week...

vickymaz

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 09:36:03 AM »
She wouldn't tell me. She said that status checks are only done in response to email requests and not over the phone. So don't call - email.

prospect

• "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 09:40:08 AM »
Good to know.  Thanks!

fabdiva

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 02:00:08 PM »
It sounds like the OP caught someone on a bad day. I had a great experience with Columbia on the phone. They sent me an e-mail that said some materials were missing, but the message wasn't too clear on what precisely those materials were. When I called, the person I spoke with was incredibly nice, passed me on to someone else in Admissions, who told me that everything was complete. I received a follow-up e-mail confirming my app status a few days later. Of course, it may be that they were willing to give my status over the phone because my call was in response to an e-mail from them. If they haven't sent anything to you, then, yes, perhaps e-mail is the better option.

mmyles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 02:41:10 PM »
Don't know if this helps or not, but I think I only got a "complete" email.  I applied before Thanksgiving and got the email on December 9.