Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kerry: We may yet find WMDs  (Read 3219 times)

Phillip79

• ICQ Messenger - 0
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhillipBach79
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Phillip_Bach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kerry: We may yet find WMDs
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 11:11:41 AM »
Phillip - you bring up some good points, but if you see Kerry rising in the polls even a little bit - to the point where he may win on a fluke, you will see Hillary get the VP nod. She can't slip into obscurity and risk waiting until 2012.

I think the whole idea of Hillary Clinton running for president, whether in 2008 or 2012, is fun speculation but it won't happen.  She's a lot like Newt Gingrich, in that she brings a lot to the party in terms of raising money and energizing the base.  But like Gingrich, making her the official head of the party would be an electoral disaster for the Democrats.  The benefits simply don't outweigh the negatives. 

I've always thought that the first female president will be a moderate, pro-life Republican.  I don't think the country will stand for a female president who is a pro-choice, feminist, liberal Democrat.  In a Presidential election, Hillary Clinton would win the northeast, maybe California....and that's it.  She won't even be competitive in most of the traditional "battleground" states. 

Along the same topic lines, there's also a question of who the Republicans will run in 2008.  male private part Cheney is widely dismissed as a possibility.  Condoleeza Rice gets my vote.  Did you see her testimony before the 9/11 Commission?  She's a strong, incredibly smart woman.  A Rice vs. Clinton matchup probably won't happen, but it sure would be fun to watch. 

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 11:30:51 AM »
You may be right.  Cover yourself.  That's what politicians do.  I want a non-politician in the White House.

Jessie Ventura anyone?  :o

Phillip - you bring up some good points, but if you see Kerry rising in the polls even a little bit - to the point where he may win on a fluke, you will see Hillary get the VP nod. She can't slip into obscurity and risk waiting until 2012.
I've always thought that the first female president will be a moderate, pro-life Republican.  I don't think the country will stand for a female president who is a pro-choice, feminist, liberal Democrat.  In a Presidential election, Hillary Clinton would win the northeast, maybe California....and that's it. 

I completely agree. I would LOVE to see a Rice v Clinton elelection. The country would be energized and it would breathe life back into polotics. If the first woman president is a black republican, I believe that the republican party would establish a rock-solid base that would be near unbreakable in the decades to come.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2004, 04:43:09 PM »
let me add to why Hilary won't ever be a nominee.  Kerry won't choose her.  I think Rudy will come back into politics and take her senate seat away from her.  What will she run on? being first lady and recently beat in her first senate reelection.