Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS GPA  (Read 4237 times)

PleaseGod =)

• UGPA: 3.7
    • View Profile
LSDAS GPA
« on: April 29, 2004, 09:21:18 AM »
Can anyone explain the GPA procedure the LSDAS takes towards high school AP test and college CLEP tests.  I basically have a number of AP/CLEP credits in which a few are 'no grade credit' and the rest are with grades.

Thanks
Reading the gospel according to Powerscore...Oct. LSAT

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSDAS GPA
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 09:34:10 AM »
They calculated my GPA off of the grades I received in college. My AP credits were noted as "advanced standing" credits in the breakdown on the LSDAS reports sent to schools, but did not factor into the GPA calculation. In fact, my GPA jumped a little by their calculation.
Sometimes we must interfere. When human [...] dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Whenever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must-at that moment-become the center of the universe."
- Wiesel

PleaseGod =)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 09:40:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply DaBoo, hopefully my GPA will do the same as yours when I send in my transcript

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 09:45:59 AM »
It was a very little jump.

You have a pretty nice GPA. Somewhere on the LSAC website they have guidelines for how they calculate GPA (I think that it is in their handbook). This will let you know what numerical value they assign to grades, and you can use it to calculate your new LSDAS GPA.

Are you applying next year? If so, good luck!  ;D
Sometimes we must interfere. When human [...] dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Whenever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must-at that moment-become the center of the universe."
- Wiesel

PleaseGod =)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 10:10:09 AM »
Thanks for the compliment  :), and I'll make sure to check the LSAC website. 

yea, I went ahead and scheduled my LSAT for October and will probably start applying right after. 

Do you have any tips for studying for the test DaBoo?

I started studying for the test about a month ago, and I plan to go into psycho study mode about 2-3 months out. 

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 12:20:24 PM »
I took the online Kaplan course, and it didn't really help me. I would probably invest in a Kaplan book (or other prep books such as Princeton Review), but I would use it after taking a few practice LSATs. Then you can use their advice on the suggestions you have the most difficuly with.

Other than that, get your hands on as many "actual" LSATs as you can (can be ordered on LSAC's site), and practice, practice, practice.
- Wiesel