Law School Discussion

U of Pacific - really cruel

Re: U of Pacific - really cruel
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 06:40:37 PM »
guys i got the same one and im so sad...what if they made a mistake?this would have been my first letter!!!!! we should call tommorow

ginthailand

• I'll take the case...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 06:47:49 PM »
I was accepted on December 7th, and received the same e-mail today.  Funnily enough, I also received a letter from UoP today stating that they're giving me a "Barrister's Scholarship Award" worth $7,500 per year.

JDPlease

• 2.5 UGPA, 153 LSAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 06:49:47 PM »
Do you think this is where someone re-typed a Fin Aid letter over the "acceptance" letter, then re-saved it. Sometimes when you do that, the properties remain the same as the first letter. I wonder if this is what happened?

I'm really not trying to shoot down anyone's hopes - and I hope that everyone gets into every school they wish to attend....

vivaxixon

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 06:53:48 PM »
Completely OT:

ginthailand - when were you in Vientiane?

I'm so homesick for southeast Asia - nice to see your avatar!

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2005, 06:58:37 PM »
I received confirmation from Deborah Berry that this was a mistake and that it was sent to all (I assume all) applicants simply to tell us to go to their website to apply for financial aid.

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 07:04:33 PM »
I'm crushed :-[

aspiringlawyer, did u email Deborah?

I received confirmation from Deborah Berry that this was a mistake and that it was sent to all applicants simply to tell us to go to their website to apply for financial aid.

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 07:07:33 PM »
Yes, she confirmed that it was not an indicator of admission.

I'm crushed :-[

aspiringlawyer, did u email Deborah?

hope41

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 07:08:05 PM »
I'm disappointed, too.  I received the same e-mail but couldn't open the attachment because I don't have Windows 2000 (I know that's sad, too)!  Oh well.  Perhaps better news later in the week.

ginthailand

• I'll take the case...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 07:39:08 PM »
Completely OT:

ginthailand - when were you in Vientiane?

I'm so homesick for southeast Asia - nice to see your avatar!

When I worked in Laos ('97-'98), I lived in Savannakhet in the south.  All my time in Vientiane was spent at the airport, unfortunately, waiting for the puddle jumper down to Savannakhet.

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »
Hopefully all who received the e-mail will get accepted anyway.  I went complete 12/3, but have not received anything else from McGeorge until this e-mail.