Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of Pacific - really cruel  (Read 1932 times)

c/o2008chick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: U of Pacific - really cruel
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 08:40:37 PM »
guys i got the same one and im so sad...what if they made a mistake?this would have been my first letter!!!!! we should call tommorow
Fairfield U. B.A. Sociology, American Studies
graduating this May! attending seton hall this summer for leo..and hopefully matriculating in the fall!

ginthailand

• I'll take the case...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 08:47:49 PM »
I was accepted on December 7th, and received the same e-mail today.  Funnily enough, I also received a letter from UoP today stating that they're giving me a "Barrister's Scholarship Award" worth $7,500 per year.
"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein." - Justice Robert Jackson

JDPlease

• 2.5 UGPA, 153 LSAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 08:49:47 PM »
Do you think this is where someone re-typed a Fin Aid letter over the "acceptance" letter, then re-saved it. Sometimes when you do that, the properties remain the same as the first letter. I wonder if this is what happened?

I'm really not trying to shoot down anyone's hopes - and I hope that everyone gets into every school they wish to attend....

vivaxixon

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »
Completely OT:

ginthailand - when were you in Vientiane?

I'm so homesick for southeast Asia - nice to see your avatar!

aspiringlawyer

• View Profile
    • aspiringlawyer.blogspot.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2005, 08:58:37 PM »
I received confirmation from Deborah Berry that this was a mistake and that it was sent to all (I assume all) applicants simply to tell us to go to their website to apply for financial aid.

grkdud

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 09:04:33 PM »
I'm crushed :-[

aspiringlawyer, did u email Deborah?

I received confirmation from Deborah Berry that this was a mistake and that it was sent to all applicants simply to tell us to go to their website to apply for financial aid.

aspiringlawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 09:07:33 PM »
Yes, she confirmed that it was not an indicator of admission.

I'm crushed :-[

aspiringlawyer, did u email Deborah?

hope41

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 09:08:05 PM »
I'm disappointed, too.  I received the same e-mail but couldn't open the attachment because I don't have Windows 2000 (I know that's sad, too)!  Oh well.  Perhaps better news later in the week.

ginthailand

• I'll take the case...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 09:39:08 PM »
Completely OT:

ginthailand - when were you in Vientiane?

I'm so homesick for southeast Asia - nice to see your avatar!

When I worked in Laos ('97-'98), I lived in Savannakhet in the south.  All my time in Vientiane was spent at the airport, unfortunately, waiting for the puddle jumper down to Savannakhet.
"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein." - Justice Robert Jackson

aspiringlawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 09:46:37 PM »
Hopefully all who received the e-mail will get accepted anyway.  I went complete 12/3, but have not received anything else from McGeorge until this e-mail.