Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Suggestions?  (Read 341 times)

vkschicago

• View Profile
Suggestions?
« on: January 10, 2005, 12:38:49 PM »
I have finished most of my applications but am feeling a little anxiety about them and am looking to possibly add a few to the list.  I have a 3.902 in an honors program and a 158LSAT and work 35hrs a week.  Any suggestions on additional schools I should look at would be appreciated.

Already applied:

University of North Carolina
University of Florida
American University
Indiana University Bloomington
Indiana University Indianapolis
Valparaiso University

NYKnicks

Re: Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 12:44:55 PM »
Sort of depends what you want and where you want to end up but some reaches to try might be Vandy and BC, and if you're looking for safeties perhaps Catholic or Seton Hall. Just throwing in some names here. I noticed you applied to mostly publics, any reason?

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 12:54:43 PM »
No particular reason for the public school list, just worked out that way.

Tony Brooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • none
    • View Profile
    • info
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:21:12 PM »
Damn-With that high of a GPA, I'd shoot higher and look at G-town, Vandy, and give UVA a shot.
"Que ve esta noviembre?"

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LeftMusic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:42:32 PM »
Damn-With that high of a GPA, I'd shoot higher and look at G-town, Vandy, and give UVA a shot.

Ummm s/he has less than a 10 percent shot according to chiashu (which tends to overinflate for split situations such as his/hers) at UVA and Georgetown. 11/171 of her/his ranking was accepted to UVA last year and 10/181 were accepted at Vanderbilt. With the higher standards this year I would say it would be a real reach for all three of those. I'm not saying s/he shouldn't try but I think you have a distorted view of just how much GPA counts.