How do you apartment search?

SpeakerDave

• 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
Re: How do you apartment search?
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 09:32:36 PM »
Lavia,

I'd like to go to GSU...I haven't heard from them yet.

I am an Atlanta native (31 years) and I am still here. 

Norcross?!!! What the F?  For one thing...it's too far away from school.  Norcross is not famous for nature...I'm not sure where you got that idea.  It's famous for...well, nothing.  Stick to Midtown or Downtown...That's where the life is...That's where the school is.  You can see nature in Piedmont Park...or a weekend trip to the Mountains of N. GA.

I'm a licensed Real Estate Agent in Georgia.  I also know the rental market in the area aroung GSU.

I grew up in a suburb called Dunwoody - a stones throw from Norcross...trust me...stay away from norcross.

Craigslist is useless in Atlanta.  If you want to rent property, go with The Creative Loafing... www.creativeloafing.com

Lavia

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2004, 06:52:40 AM »
SpeakerDave,

I guess i don't mean nature nature. I mean trees and grass outside of my window nature. Suburb-like, but more trees.

I got spoiled because where I live now used to have a small wetland outside of my window, and an apartment where I visited in Norcross had a stream and a small wooded area outside the window. I'm into birds.

For instance, I visited NY, and HATED it because I couldn't find any trees/grass except in a park. Downtown Atlanta would be distasteful to me too. Too many people and cars and noise. Any other suggestions since Norcross is kinda far? And how far with traffic is it? I live 20 minutes from downtown Detroit, which is about as close to a city as I want to be. What else is wrong with Norcross?

Thanks! Lavia

SpeakerDave

• 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2004, 08:07:02 AM »
Lavia,

Norcross is at least 30 minutes from GSU in normal day time traffic, and a minimum of 45 minutes during rush hour.  The center of Norcross is located at the intersection of Peachtree Industrial and Holcomb Bridge Road.

Norcross has a growing population of Lower to lower-middle class, and I don't see the quality of life in Norcross as good as other neighborhoods.

If people and noise is an issue with you, don't come to the Atlanta metro area.  There is no escape.  You can drive for an hour on any major hwy out of Atlanta, and you will still be in a highly populated area.  Atlanta is no NY by any stretch, but it is the "Big Apple of the South."

Mid-Town may still give you the escape from the city you are looking for.  Also consider Virginia-Highlands, Buckhead, Vinings, and anything INSIDE I-285.  Once you get outside "The Perimeter," as we like to call I-285, then you are changing worlds.

If you insist on living outside the Perimeter, then consider Dunwoody, SOME Sandy Springs, and SOME East Cobb.  You can make a mistake in the last two areas and end up being a crime statistic.  Well, anywhere in Atlanta you can end up being a crime statistic.  You just have to be aware of what the neighborhood is like just down the street.

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »
For my apartment search, I use modern search systems that are connected to MSL, that allows me to find exactly what I want. There are a bunch of these websites, but the best one I've found on the web is here:
https://rentberry.com/apartments/s/houston-tx
Also, you can filter price, amenities, scroll the map in order to find a place that is close to your college/university. Technologies make our lifes easier!