Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: McGeorge? Anybody hear from them lately?  (Read 1724 times)

frontier

• View Profile
Re: McGeorge? Anybody hear from them lately?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2004, 06:25:25 PM »
Nothing to report again today...what about you SLO?  Anything?  So much for having a response by May 1.

thechoson

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2004, 06:26:52 PM »
I withdrew from McGeorge about 2 weeks ago.  Yet I got a financial aid packet from them yesterday. I called, and they said I hadn't withdrawn!  Well I am withdrawn now, hopefully, so there's one slot right there, along with 20k

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2004, 06:28:06 PM »
Wow, I'm suprised they made such a blunder...to allocate that kind of money to someone who had previously withdrawn is quite an oversight.

SLOguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 10:35:32 PM »
Hi frontier and thechoson,
Good news for me.  I got my acceptance letter from McGeorge today.  I am so pumped.  Really, it is a load off of my back.  Frontier, I hope you get in too--I swear I'll buy you a beer in the fall if you do.  I hope you hear soon too.  Let me know what's up.  Good luck Amigo.

thechoson

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2004, 10:45:18 PM »
Hi frontier and thechoson,
Good news for me.  I got my acceptance letter from McGeorge today.  I am so pumped.  Really, it is a load off of my back.  Frontier, I hope you get in too--I swear I'll buy you a beer in the fall if you do.  I hope you hear soon too.  Let me know what's up.  Good luck Amigo.

Congrats Sloguy!  I am very happy for you!  McGeorge is an excellent school, as I've been saying all along, and I am sure you'll love it there!

Good luck!

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2004, 11:19:08 PM »
yes, congrats...mcgeorge is a good place..i was thoroughly impressed upon my visit there...much more than i expected..i just simply don't want to live in sacramento...that's my own personal reason...oh, to answer your question about my friend...she did call a couple of times, but finally found out through email that she was waitlisted...she bugs them all the time about getting in, and, it seems that they still are "on hold" in some respects...they are pretty close to saying that they have absolutely no room left, but not QUITE there yet...i guess til 2nd deposits are due...good luck!

habeas_dorkus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2004, 11:21:26 PM »
Congratulations, SLOguy! And good luck to Frontier. Hope you get that acceptance letter soon.

boomer262@aol.com

• MSN Messenger - boomer262@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - boomer262
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - usdboomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2005, 11:53:46 AM »
I was just wait-listed by McGeorge yesterday, which definitely has me down in the dumps a bit.  I have a couple of good friends there now, and it seems that the majority of the people they know who were wait-listed were offered night program spots in late May or early June.  I guess that is still an option, but I doubt night school is for me.  I was accepted by Whittier with a $6000 scholarship, and I am waiting on UNLV and ASU.  I am not sure what will happen since my GPA was a 3.28, and LSAT a 155.