Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: McGeorge? Anybody hear from them lately?  (Read 1723 times)

kman

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: McGeorge? Anybody hear from them lately?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 12:06:57 PM »
I don't think you have much to worry about SLOguy.  If I recall correctly, you posted that your stats are 3.0/154.  My application to Mcgeorge was complete on March 10th, and I received an acceptance letter the first week or two of April.  They also awarded me some scholarship money.  Though you have not heard yet, you should get in because my stats are not much different than yours.  I got a 158 on the LSAT, but my LSAC ugpa is only 2.6.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 12:07:55 PM »
I applied to McGeorge in February and heard back within 2 weeks.  I was accepted and offered a scholarship and then was flown out there to visit for Legal Scholars Day.  I did like the school, but decided not to accept.  I have a friend who applied much earlier than myself and only recently found out she was waitlisted. Evidently, they have had quite a few people put down deposits, and they are offering less spots than in the past.  If you haven't heard by now, they are probably waiting until 2nd deposits are due.  I would just contact Adam Barrett (the Law School Dean AND Director of Admissions) directly.  He is friendly and helpful.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 12:10:03 PM »
I don't think you have much to worry about SLOguy.  If I recall correctly, you posted that your stats are 3.0/154.  My application to Mcgeorge was complete on March 10th, and I received an acceptance letter the first week or two of April.  They also awarded me some scholarship money.  Though you have not heard yet, you should get in because my stats are not much different than yours.  I got a 158 on the LSAT, but my LSAC ugpa is only 2.6.

Congrats Kman...will you be attending McGeorge this fall?

lstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2004, 12:45:14 PM »
Well, I just sent my letter off Monday, indicating to McGeorge that I was not going to be attending.  I had placed down a deposit already.  This should free up one seat.

Off to Oregon I go...

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2004, 12:46:44 PM »
Congrats and good luck. 

SLOguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2004, 01:18:59 PM »
Thanks kman and boxergirl.  I appreciate the input.  To frontier, I applied in October.  I am surprised that I haven't even heard about a waitlist--that both comforts me and worries me.  It comforts me in the fact that maybe they are not waitlisting me because I am a real porspect; it worries me because maybe I didn't even make the waitlist.  Boxergirl, about your friend who was waitlisted, did she get a call or a letter?  Should I have heard by now if I was waitlisted?

SLOguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »
my last reply didn't post.  So here it is again.

Thanks to kman, lstudent, and Boxergirl.  I appreciate the input.  To frontier, I applied in October.  Hearing about people who have been waitlisted both worries me and comforts me.  It worries me in the fact that maybe I didn't even make the waitlist; it comforts me in that maybe I am a serious prospect.  To Boxergirl, about your friend who was waitlisted, did she get a call or a letter?

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2004, 03:05:38 PM »
Well, time to go home and check the mail...

SLOguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2004, 04:46:59 PM »
Any news frontier?  Our mail doesn't come until around 5:30, so I'll log on around then and let you know if I heard anything.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2004, 04:55:42 PM »
Nothing...I'm becoming a disgruntled applicant.