Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What exactly is a "pookie"?  (Read 2469 times)

ndbisme

What exactly is a "pookie"?
« on: January 09, 2005, 10:20:44 PM »
I've checked out a lot of sources and I'm getting a lot of conflicting answers.  Some say it is sexual in nature (would make sense ;) ) while others say it's a term of endearment or something along those lines.  Anyone? :D

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What exactly is a "pookie"?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:54:51 PM »
a lot of sources?

get a life bro. . .get a life.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 11:12:55 PM »
Some say it is sexual in nature (would make sense ;) )

:D

it's a term of endearment.  my sister started calling me pookie.  we got the idea from a funny book we read at B&N once about how to get your grown child to move out of the house (one of the ideas was to pick up his/her private line and say, "my little pookie's answering service").  also, garfield's teddy bear is pooky.  and in the movie "matinee," the older brother called the little brother pookie.  viva's cat is nicknamed pookie as well.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

UT law 2008

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 11:18:16 PM »
My cat (now deceased) was also named Pookie.

ndbisme

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 11:27:17 PM »
TDP, haha, most of the people I spoke to said it was a term of endearment.  One source said it wasn't.  I forgot about Garfield teddy bear, that was the other one a person mentioned.

Bubbazzz, assuming you are Lipper, who was nice to Judah a while back, Judah simply turn other cheek for this time.  Initial reaction was to say "@#!* you" or something along those lines but Judah pretty much all cursed out.  You caught good Judah today.  He still speak 3rd person for some reason, though :-\.

UT, sorry about your kitty :(.  Coming from a dog person.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 11:49:57 PM »
why do you speak like julie when speaking to bubbazzz?

and seriously, who did you ask about this?  wouldn't it have been easiest to ask me?  it's not like i don't spend enough time on LSD that you thought it would take a long time for me to get back to you.   :D
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 11:54:20 PM »
I remember Garfield's Pookie.

I think Barbara Gordon's teddy was called pookie too.

My family calls me Frabba.  'cause me sister couldn't say my name when I was born.  her and my mom still call me frab and frabba and frabis.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

ndbisme

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 11:54:57 PM »
Haha, a couple of people at Wake when I got back today.  I've been trying to figure it out on my own during the break, but my initial guesses were off a lot :).  Next time I have a question, I'll be sure to ask TDP first ;)!  Also, Judah--err... I have decided to speak in 3rd person whenever I write mean stuff because I'm usually not that way.  I think that if I allow the evil side of "Judah" to speak in 3rd person and the good part to speak in 1st person, I won't feel bad about being nasty to an LSDer.  I took psychology and I'm assured this will work.  In case anyone was wondering, I don't have schizophrenia :D.  So from now on "Judah" be mean and I be nice.  Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.  I should add that when I asked them what "pookie" meant, I got some strange looks :D.  It was funny.  Problem was when they wanted to know why I wanted to know.  errr... there's this LSD, and, well...

DOWNY

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 11:55:58 PM »
It means vagina.

HTH

ndbisme

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 11:58:10 PM »
As always DOWNY is straight to the point :D.  That was what I was trying to insinuate "sexual in nature."