Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone been to o'ahu?  (Read 679 times)

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
anyone been to o'ahu?
« on: January 09, 2005, 08:57:52 PM »
trying to go in May....I'm 25 and my sister is 23...don't have a ton of money....anyone have a story of a good hotel (safe, not TOO cheap) on o'ahu? I'd like to stay north shore but can't afford turtle bay.... :D
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

DOWNY

Re: anyone been to o'ahu?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 09:04:20 PM »
I went there two years ago and drank too much rum punch and puked in the ocean. Also if someone dares you to drink the saltwater don't do it. I forget which hotel I was at but it was one of the resort-type deals and wasn't too TTT. Try to avoid some of the smaller hotels because I heard they have roaches in the bathrooms. Also if you're in O'Ahu you should take one of the small planes to Maui, it kicks ass.

DOWNY

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 09:10:38 PM »
Glad to be helpful.

Have fun. See the volcanoes.

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 09:14:54 PM »
trying to go in May....I'm 25 and my sister is 23...don't have a ton of money....anyone have a story of a good hotel (safe, not TOO cheap) on o'ahu? I'd like to stay north shore but can't afford turtle bay.... :D

I went with my family like 20 years ago.  I don't know what hotel we stayed at, but we did several things in Oahu that were memorable:  visited Pearl Harbor, visited the Polynesian Cultural Center, and went on an air tour that flew the attack path of the Japanese toward Pearl Harbor and flew over the Dole pineapple fields.
"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

ohwellok

• Sr. Citizen
  • the cutest beagle in the whole wide world!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 09:47:02 PM »
www.tripadvisor.com is a great reference.  good luck, sounds like a fun trip!

wrmusgro

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 10:05:36 PM »
I lived on O'ahu for about 4 years. I really can't recommend any cheap hotels, but there are plenty downtown in the keys, but that's like an hour's drive from the Northshore. However....you have to check out this place called the Shack in Kailua. Best wings in the world!

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 01:47:51 AM »
I got a sweet deal a year ago for $400 w/some Russian company. 1 week, airfare included. It was in a pretty decent hotel in Waikiki.

If you have the time, I would highly recommend renting a car and driving a circle around the island. There are a lot of cool stops along the way for views, pineapple farms, shrimp shacks etc. Funnest part of the trip for my friends and I.

DOWNY

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 02:03:06 AM »
If you have the time, I would highly recommend renting a car and driving a circle around the island. There are a lot of cool stops along the way for views, pineapple farms, shrimp shacks etc. Funnest part of the trip for my friends and I.

Captain Cooley seconds this motion.

Merc

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 10:09:09 PM »
have fun, maka!!

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 10:14:18 PM »