Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn vs. Cardozo  (Read 1767 times)

MsCatch22

• View Profile
    • Email
Brooklyn vs. Cardozo
« on: April 28, 2004, 04:29:17 PM »
Heard from Cardozo yesterday.. I'm in. 

But now, Cardozo vs. Brooklyn?

Aside from financial concerns... which one would you select and why?

I know that they usually get apps from the same pool of people.  Anyone make this decision?

Thanks!!!

Louder Than Bombs

Re: Brooklyn vs. Cardozo
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 04:33:18 PM »
Heard from Cardozo yesterday.. I'm in. 

But now, Cardozo vs. Brooklyn?

Aside from financial concerns... which one would you select and why?

I know that they usually get apps from the same pool of people.  Anyone make this decision?

Thanks!!!

Financial concerns would drive my decision...they are both very good schools, just not tops in NY. All things being equal, I would personally choose Brooklyn for its location. But that's just me.

Chris

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 04:38:15 PM »
This has been hashed out several times on this board, just do a search. Personally, I chose Cardozo (though I got in at Fordham last week, so now I'm unsure...).

I liked the students there better, they seemed more respectful and more intellectual. I sat in on a class at Brooklyn and people trudged in every few minutes for the first 45(!) minutes of the class. Brooklyn definitely has the nicer physical space, but seeing as I live in Queens, Cardozo is easier to get to on the trains.

Further, while Brooklyn has a longer history and larger alumni base, Cardozo seems intent on improving, like the recent shake-up in the career center. I liked the personal contact from the admissions office, whereas I didn't always feel that Bkln's staff was being honest with me (anevery point I made about Cardozo was responded to dismissively).

I also liked that Cardozo has more smaller classes.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 04:44:44 PM »
This has been hashed out several times on this board, just do a search. Personally, I chose Cardozo (though I got in at Fordham last week, so now I'm unsure...).

congrats on fordham.  id go to fordham over dozo or brooklyn in a heartbeat. 

'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 04:59:27 PM »
id go to fordham over dozo or brooklyn in a heartbeat. 

thanks. it certainly has the reputational advantage over cardozo. unfortunately, i doubt i'll be getting money from fordham, and i did get a nice chunk from cardozo. i also have worries about the atmosphere there, but i'm sitting in on a class tomorrow so i can see what it's like there (in the last week of classes for the year, no less). but anyway, this topic was about bkln vs cardozo...

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 05:03:31 PM »
I didn't think Brooklyn was annoying at first, but now I do (though perhaps I'm a little biased).  It seems like Cardozo is much more organized, and the Cardozo admin have been very courteous and helpful throughout my entire application process.  Cardozo's location isn't bad either -- I mean, it's on 12th and 5th Ave.  There's tons of stuff in every direction.

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 05:27:01 PM »
I didn't think Brooklyn was annoying at first, but now I do (though perhaps I'm a little biased).  It seems like Cardozo is much more organized, and the Cardozo admin have been very courteous and helpful throughout my entire application process.  Cardozo's location isn't bad either -- I mean, it's on 12th and 5th Ave.  There's tons of stuff in every direction.

'Dozo's location is great - I'm just fond of Brooklyn. I defer to Jas on this one though - he's already had to make this choice, and he's a reasonable person.

Chris

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edhouse616
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 05:31:09 PM »
brooklyns awesome and the only out of ca school i applied to too...another thing is mos def is all about it and u could always drag urself out of brooklyn heights and drop by crown heights for a game of dice and bones  :D
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 05:33:11 PM »
i always get lost in brooklyn.  driving, walking, taking the subway....brooklyn is a maze.

id go to dozo over brooklyn
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

MsCatch22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 08:04:06 PM »
Location of Brooklyn is a plus since I already live in Brooklyn. 
Thanks for the insight regarding the "intellectual" side of the class you visited.  Its so hard for me to get time off and I won't have the opportunity to sit in on a class.  I do have to admit the admission people have been super helpful especially when I told them I was accepted and offered moola at Brooklyn. 

Thanks!