Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia Law School Admitted Students ONLY  (Read 5912 times)

SingerSargent

• View Profile
Re: Columbia Law School Admitted Students ONLY
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2005, 12:23:57 AM »
I don't think housing is any "safer" in the 90s.  I think campus housing is just as safe.  Also, the amenities are great.  Although I'm not incredibly familiar with the law school dorms, I know the prices are very reasonable for what you get...especially the fast ethernet access--you'd have to pay for your own cable/dsl if you don't live on campus--granted you probably already pay for this in the rent...but not as much as you would on your own.  If dial-up is enough, that's not a problem since the university most likely has dial-up access.

Also, on-campus housing can't be beat when it involves late night studying at the library.

SS

ndbisme

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2005, 12:26:12 AM »
d...a...m...n, lenfest is a mansion.  Columbia just climbed up a notch (#3) for me.  Wow.  I assume they charge more than regular housing, right?

Ampa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2005, 12:27:56 AM »
1 bedrooms start at about $1,800.  Although I also have an extra large studio, with huge separate kitchen on 100th and central park west for $1,500. This is a doorman building.

DOWNY

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2005, 12:34:31 AM »
1 bedrooms start at about $1,800.  Although I also have an extra large studio, with huge separate kitchen on 100th and central park west for $1,500. This is a doorman building.

Does the doorman randomly let himself into your apartment when your sleeping? You should really watch out, there was a huge story last year about doormen going into apartments and shitting on the carpets HTH

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2005, 12:44:06 AM »
d...a...m...n, lenfest is a mansion.  Columbia just climbed up a notch (#3) for me.  Wow.  I assume they charge more than regular housing, right?

studios are $1300-1500, and 1-bedrooms are $1500-1800.  that info may be dated, since the website also said it "will open in august 2003."   ::)  best i could do, though.

http://www2.law.columbia.edu/lenfest/htmls/description.shtml

it does say it's "luxury" though, so i'm guessing you can find cheaper on-campus housing.  but i'm in love with this one.  it's great that it comes with furniture.  that's worth more than ethernet, since cable modem is about $50/month.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

SingerSargent

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2005, 12:46:09 AM »
it does say it's "luxury" though, so i'm guessing you can find cheaper on-campus housing.  but i'm in love with this one.  it's great that it comes with furniture.  that's worth more than ethernet, since cable modem is about $50/month.

Indeed.

nobodaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2005, 12:57:38 PM »
Pookie, and all:

pardon the off-subject question, What does URM mean on people's profiles... non-URM actually?
And any other abbreviations that can help me begin to comprehend this new and foreign LSD language..

Thank you

pointdexterish

• Sr. Citizen
  • 95% there
    • View Profile
    • Juris Novus
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2005, 01:02:37 PM »
URM = under represented minority
PS = personal statement
WE = work experience
EC = extra cirricular

etc etc ;)

DOWNY

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2005, 01:04:21 PM »
HTH = hope that helped
TTT = third tier toilet
LF = loser-fucker
STFU = shut the @#!* up
WTF = what the @#!*?!
FF = failure-@#!*, like if someone is a total worthless sack of *&^% and has no hope
DOWNY = GOD

Those are all the important ones.

HTH

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2005, 03:32:59 PM »
columbia does provide free dial-up access to all account holders. but in law school, you'd be an idiot not to have high speed at home, if you ever plan on doing any studying there.

also, for three of the four years i worked at columbia, i lived on b'way at 107th. if anyone's interested, pm me and i'll give you the landlord's info. seven story elevator building. studios from ~$1000, 1 bedrooms from ~$1450. great location, directly across from absolute bagels (far better than h&h), with a laundromat on the first floor and a liquor store next door.