Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia Law School Admitted Students ONLY  (Read 5647 times)

floppyshorts

• View Profile
Re: Columbia Law School Admitted Students ONLY
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2005, 11:34:41 PM »
Why DESI?

the REAL desi

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2005, 11:35:20 PM »
umm, it shows how much crime there is in NY  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

especially SVU, but then again Mariska steals the show

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2005, 11:39:43 PM »
you're right, desi.  i don't think i've ever seen an episode that didn't involve a crime!   :o
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

the REAL desi

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2005, 11:41:49 PM »
you're right, desi.  i don't think i've ever seen an episode that didn't involve a crime!   :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I thought I saw an episode once, but then again, Mariska was topless in the episode.  That's when I woke up.

SingerSargent

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2005, 11:42:10 PM »
Newsflash folks: "Morningside Heights" was a clever marketing tool for Columbia to pretend that the university was not IN Harlem.  Although, today it is a bit difficult to claim Columbia and its environs maintain its Harlem roots (good or bad) with how much Columbia has extended itself into the neighborhood (with new buildings and remodeling of existing ones)...Columbia is a hop and skip to "Harlem proper," if you will (i.e. 125th Street).

All this being put aside, Morningside Heights is one of the nicest neighborhoods in Manhattan and doormen are preferable to some regardless of the neighborhood (not that anyone was making any specific implications in this area).

SS

the REAL desi

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2005, 11:43:35 PM »
one of my classmates was an RA at Columbia.  she has never mentioned crime.  then again, all she can talk about is how rich she is and how she was on the sailing team.

Ampa

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2005, 11:49:35 PM »
If you guys (columbia admits) can't find housing or are interested in safer housing in the 90's on the west side, I have a friend who owns brownstones and always rents them out to Columbia students.

Price range: Super small studio (shared bathroom) approx. $800-$900,  studio with bathroom $1,000 to $1,100.

It's a great area right by Riverside Park, only two train stops from Columbia. The blocks have private security guards.

pointdexterish

• Sr. Citizen
  • 95% there
    • View Profile
    • Juris Novus
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2005, 12:13:22 AM »
Price range: Super small studio (shared bathroom) approx. $800-$900,  studio with bathroom $1,000 to $1,100.

I thought Chicago had insane rental prices.  Paying (almost) a grand a month to share a crapper with your neighbor??  Good lord.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2005, 12:16:08 AM »

I thought Chicago had insane rental prices.  Paying (almost) a grand a month to share a crapper with your neighbor??  Good lord.

that's how i felt about LA, too.  the places at NYU are half the size of my current apt and twice the price.  columbia's on-campus options, at least on paper, seem far superior to NYU's. 

ampa's friend's place sounds not too bad, i guess.  are there 1-bedroom units too?  do you know the price range?
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

DOWNY

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2005, 12:21:55 AM »
I'm just curious, what's the big deal about having a doorman? Is that a new york thing or something?

Doormen are cool because they're like those guards in London with the big hats where you can yell at them or girls can flash them and they have to stand perfectly still. That's whay doormen are for, because not everyone can go to London to see the guys with the big hats. Also doormen are useful if you spill some *&^% on your foot or whatever, because they're really good at cleaning things.

HTH