Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Here...  (Read 1453 times)

Oriana

• AOL Instant Messenger - Oriana+Etain
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Oriana_Etain
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Here...
« on: January 08, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
I'm not in high school anymore, but I feel like I might as well be....

I'm at a junior college in San Antonio *sigh*...eh, it's a start.

I'm planning on transfering either to UT or Trinity to finish my undergrad this comming fall, and will be applying to every law school in the nation after graduation.

Any advice? i've already started studying for the LSAT even though I have 'til next june. I have high hopes for Harvard  ;D

anyways, nice to virtually make everyone's aquiantace, I've learned lots already just from reading through some of the postings.

bhvexille

Re: New Here...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 03:40:03 AM »
Welcome!

Make sure you really bust your butt for the best grades you can get.  As much as everyone hypes the LSAT, your GPA matters a lot, too.  To that end, try to transfer somewhere that grants A+ grades.  My undergrad didn't give A+s, even when we deserved them, which puts me at a disadvantage, because LSAC counts A+ as a 4.333

Also, order application materials from law schools, and take a look at what kinds of things they ask you for on the applications.  The fear of having to leave some of these questions blank may spur you to go out and do some new things. 

Also, you should start working on your PS before you start full-time LSAT prep--too many people do the PS after the LSAT, and they end up getting their apps in late (i.e. me).

Good luck with everything!